Am I insured in a car park?

Pbassred

I just renewed my insurance with MCE. Here's the thing. They provide Track day cover :thumb: And obviously road cover but if I do a training course that's isn't actually on a track they don't cover it. Seriously. I labored the point and asked it every way I could. Its AT a circuit but not ON the circuit.

So, since the devil is in the detail, if I did a track day, would I be a covered driving from the road to the paddock? Am I covered at Tesco's?

Check the small print carefully and check it again. mce have a reputation for rejecting or minimising claims for the flimsiest reasons (sometimes made up or by altering t&C's)

So, assuming you're not doing the training course as part of your paid work, then any exclusions to "social domestic and pleasure" riding should be in the policy docs.

Insurers will generally privide cover in carparks, petrol garages ....private property basically, as long as it's publicly accessable and not trespassing as long as it's not specifically excluded in the policy.

Perhaps best to ask the training provider for their insight ? They may have had this question before.

I just renewed my insurance with MCE. Here's the thing. They provide Track day cover :thumb: And obviously road cover but if I do a training course that's isn't actually on a track they don't cover it. Seriously. I labored the point and asked it every way I could. Its AT a circuit but not ON the circuit.

So, since the devil is in the detail, if I did a track day, would I be a covered driving from the road to the paddock? Am I covered at Tesco's?

Check the policy - mine said the track day excess was half the value of the bike which is pointless.

I was told that on tescos car park the insurance is invalid . As I had a m8 who had side his car pushed in (he reckoned stack trollys hit his car by staff trying to store the trollys away ) when he went to claim he didnt say he thought it was done by trollys he was told to take it up with tescos insurance as it was on there land . He said they had a sign up they take no responsibility for damage they said that not lawful he contacted the tescos head office and they told him not our problem in the end after months of messing him about he ended up going to the MIB and they sorted his car out as no insurance hit and run .. becuse the was not in the car at the time and not at work or home .. so I'm always very careful in shop carparks ...