Free biscuits

fastbob

I know it's terribly bad form to begin a thread with biscuits but I felt the need to share . ( The information , not the actual biscuits ) I popped over to Sycamore Harley Davidson today just for the ride really and to my delight not only did they have free coffee , they had free biscuits as well ! I mustn't grumble but someone had eaten all the fig rolls and put the packet back in the tin . Now I know I've made the right choice of bike .

IMG_20190804_150430784.thumb.jpg.fd32189db889c5b0f558a29d5fa8a405.jpg

If it’s the one in Uppingham, it’s a lovely ride along the B664 from / to Market Harborough, then to / from Lutterworth & Then Cov .

I visited our local HD to look at a vrod, didn't even say hello let alone coffee and biscuits

Ah , well my experience was not all positive actually . More to follow then I get home . I was a bit surprised that one of the salesmen knew absolutely nothing about the technical side of the bikes . I was looking at a Sportster and I noticed two parallel metal pipes across the front of the frame near the regulator . These aren't on my bike so I asked what they were . I can't remember exactly what was said but it went something like this. " "They're just part of the bike - Yes but what do they do ? - Err , they go to the oil cooler -But it doesn't have an oil cooler -Why do you need to know ? - I'm just interested because my bike hasn't got any - Well it wouldn't have , it's been totally redesigned ( Like **** has it ! , It's a Harley ) - Ok , sorry , is there anyone here who knows about Harley Davidsons ? - Well I'm not going to talk to you if you're going to be rude ! - Sorry , I didn't mean to be rude , I was just making a technical enquiry - Oh , right , errr , one is the throttle and one is the idle - Oh , so what are these then ? ( I point to the throttle cables ) Hollers across the showroom to a youth who comes over and promptly provides an excellent explanation . The lines are actually part of the linked braking system ! Now I wouldn't have minded in the least if Matey had admitted that he didn't know anything about Harleys except how to say " Sign here " but to actually make up total bullshit twice is quite astonishing . I shudder to think what absolute nonsense this guy comes out with when he's talking some innocent yuppie into parting with huge sums of cash . So beware , just because someone works in an official dealership it doesn't mean that they know shit about the motorbikes.

Edited by fastbob

I visited our local HD to look at a vrod, didn't even say hello let alone coffee and biscuits

Ah , well my experience was not all positive actually . More to follow then I get home .

The biscuits were soft ohhhhhh nooooooooo

yea i got that when i visited preston bmw last weeek there was about four or five sales staff and none of them even looked at me perhaps I should have run round the showroom waving my wallet i might have got a result miserable b******s :hammer:

If it’s the one in Uppingham, it’s a lovely ride along the B664 from / to Market Harborough, then to / from Lutterworth & Then Cov .

It certainly is , and that's the main reason I went there , just for the ride . The road from there to Kettering is ok in parts as well . A Spitfire flew over me with its wheels down so I took the first left turn to investigate and came upon Sewell Airfield just in time to see it taxi in .

I am currently sat in the man crèche in a White Stuff shop where my beloved is trying things on.

And they have free biscuits as well.

:cheers:

I am being summonsed to offer an opinion....wish me luck!

Think before you answer , it could be a trap .