Would you buy a motorbike without abs

Beans

My abs in a ballache - it kicks in every single time I brake, and doubles the stopping distance. There's a way to disable it by doing a wheelie so long that it confuses the system and it turns off, but I can't wheelie very well.

I recently bought a bike with ABS and I've not had it kick in yet.

On a wet road in winter when inevitably some car driver pulls out in front of me and I grab a fistful, I'll probably be grateful my wheels don't lock up.

I believe the statistics are ABS reduces collisions by 34%.

That'll do me and I'm fine with that.

I hit a car once, years ago. ABS would probably have prevented the pain.

I've ridden bikes with and without ABS. On those without I never came to grief due to lack of it. On those with it's never kicked in. But one day there will be a patch of unseen diesel which might make me glad I've got it.

It's never been the deciding factor for me.

One more thing to go wrong . Never had a bike with it . I thought it was compulsory on new bikes now . Never had linked braking either and I wouldn't want it .

My abs in a ballache - it kicks in every single time I brake, and doubles the stopping distance. There's a way to disable it by doing a wheelie so long that it confuses the system and it turns off, but I can't wheelie very well.

It might be a good idea to get your bike checked out.

Never had a bike with abs so its not something that's in my thoughts when buying a bike

I'm on my 2nd bike with ABS and wouldn't consider buying a bike without it now. It's only there to give you a better chance of survival should a mishap occur. There's just some situations even the best rider in the world could get caught out no matter how alert they are.

My current bike is the only bike I've ever had with ABS, never had any issues without it in all my years of biking and I've ridden in all weathers, so yes, I'd definitely buy a bike without it, that said, I can most definitely see the safety benefits of having it. You'll find that hardened off road riders think that ABS is a hinderance ....

You'll find that hardened off road riders think that ABS is a hinderance ....

TGEeRvjh.jpg

I'm talking about people into enduro riding, they seem to hate ABS and if its fitted they turn it off, seems to be the common theme, if you google it there's a lot of explanations as to why they don't like it

">

You'll find that hardened off road riders think that ABS is a hinderance ....

TGEeRvjh.jpg

BTW what bike is this fitted to? I know mine has ABS and my bike is an ADV but there's been instructions posted on the web telling people who do some hardened off roading how to turn the ABS off as mine doesn't have an off switch.

I'm talking about people into enduro riding, they seem to hate ABS and if its fitted they turn it off, seems to be the common theme.

yes.. its been a common theme for nearly 30 years. since the early 90s.

I'm talking about people into enduro riding, they seem to hate ABS and if its fitted they turn it off, seems to be the common theme.

yes.. its been a common theme for nearly 30 years. since the early 90s.

I must admit that I'm just getting into doing a bit of green laning and being able to turn off the ABS was one bit of advice that keeps coming up, I hear what their saying but still don't understand why, at the speeds I'm doing, why I would need to bother I'm not a hardened off roader

TGEeRvjh.jpg

BTW what bike is this fitted to?

My bikes, both of them. one from 2018, the other from 1993. switching off ABS on off roaders is nothing new. Its essential.

other bikes button, bit faded from age, still works though. :D

qn16IQLh.jpg

I must admit that I'm just getting into doing a bit of green laning and being able to turn off the ABS was one bit of advice that keeps coming up, I hear what their saying but still don't understand why, at the speeds I'm doing, why I would need to bother I'm not a hardened off roader

Only the rear (usually)..

and thats because.. simply put. A bike with an ABS rear that goes off road has a rear brake that is virtually useless. and what use is a useless rear brake?

if it doesn't work.. what is it for?

In certain extreme circumstances.. an ABS bike off road will have no brakes whatsoever.. and that can end badly.

My talent for understatement just gets better and betterer