CBR500R or A2-restricted CBR650R?

Constantlyexhausted

Hello!

Imagine money doesn't matter (for theoretical reasons), which would give a better/more enjoyable ride; a Honda CBR500R (47hp as standard) or an A2-restricted CBR650R (94hp limited down to 47hp)?

I've found little info on this. One YouTube review mentioned how the restricted 650 had effectively no power above 8000rpm, which just seems like it would be frustrating. My instincts are telling me that it would be much more rewarding to ring out the full potential of a smaller 500 than to be limited to the same power but on a bigger 650. It's designed for 94hp, surely it would feel shit with only 47?

I'm considering buying both bikes and I'll have to ride with the A2 license for at least 2 years, so I would hate to spend more on the 650 only to find it would have been more fun on the 500.

So:

CBR500R for 2 years then upgrade

Or restricted CBR650R for 2 years then de-restrict?

Thanks for any replies! :)

Both would have the same power but wouldn't the 650 be heavier too. So the 500 would be livelier as its lighter. Also after 2 years you might be bored of the looks or something and feel like changing the bike even when its unrestricted.

I dont know but does restricting the power affect mpg or tax bracket.

If it was me in your situation, I'd get a ex demo/ nearly new 500 now.

Spend a couple of years on that, then have a look around and a think. Have a test ride on any bike you are considering and compare it to your 500.

You may find the 500 suits you and your needs better than the other bikes, or you may decide a 1000cc bike is the way to go.....a lot can change in 2 years. And had been said, most new riders change after a couple of years.