Strangers taking pictures of your bike when riding?

potatobroxd

I haven't actually experienced it myself but i suppose it would depend on the circumstances, i am going to an open bike night on monday so it will be something i would expect and accept, but if i was out and about and minding my own business i would probably get a bit peeved if i was bombarded by cameras and flashes going off every split second :cheers:

I find the Bobber attracts attention but so long as folk are only looking I have no problem with that.

I was drinking a coffee this morning and two guys on MT10s who had followed me for a few miles we're going over it with a fine tooth comb. I had to earwig why they were interested and overhead the comment..."well I'll be buggered how this thing goes round corners so quickly."

I find the Bobber attracts attention but so long as folk are only looking I have no problem with that.

I was drinking a coffee this morning and two guys on MT10s who had followed me for a few miles we're going over it with a fine tooth comb. I had to earwig why they were interested and overhead the comment..."well I'll be buggered how this thing goes round corners so quickly."

All mt10 owners are twats

Don't 'like' that [mention]Joeman[/mention], I will scowl at you. Invisibly, through my smoked visor.

why so :?:

why so :?:

Honestly no idea mate. Narcissistic eurosceptic alcoholic adrenaline junkies with no regard for good law abiding citizens, or bmw riders

If I walked from my front door to the shops that are about 80 yards away I would be recorded on 7 cameras last time I looked and that doesn't include all those actually inside the shops . If I was photographed riding my bike by some miserable old bugger in a village I would probably go back to ask what their agenda was . I expect the answer would be along the lines of " I've never enjoyed myself so why should anyone else etc "

This has probably happened to me about half a dozen times since I've had the 9T - it's quite a striking bike to look at. Last time was the other day in Camden - I stopped at a set of lights amidst the throngs of people and a touristy-looking bloke immediately squatted (not that kind of squatted!) next to the bike and took a couple of shots. He did thank me afterwards, mind.

It never annoys me; in fact, I love the fact that the bike is photogenic enough that people are spontaneously prompted to take photographs of it.

I am pretty much annoyed by people taking photos of myself but that is probably because working on the cruise ship, guest are constantly photographing us like animals in the zoo. Since I am working there I didn’t take one voluntary photo of myself. It is one of very few thinks that annoy me.

Luckily no one want to take photo of my bike (it is ugly child),

Had a few ppl asking and chatting about my bike and what they had and what they like

( mostly middle aged blokes with there mrs behind them shaking her head saying no hes not)

back last year me an my bro in law was out for a wee ride and we went up to beacon and as we was going round one the long wide bends /corners there was a guy sitting /kneeling down taken photos of bikes that was going round that corner just opposite there is a burger / T coffee van so we pulled in and had a coffee and asked what's that guy doing the burger vam man said he was from a well know bike mag and doing a peice on bikers up here .

There are photographers regularly at the entrance to Rivi Barn and also on the Horseshoe pass, they have websites where you can view the photo's and buy a copy if you like. There was one at the Goose neck for the TT last year as well.

I've had people ask me if they can take a photo when I've been parked up before now and others that just snap away, it really doesn't bother me, what does bother me is when someone watches you put your ear plugs in, helmet on, start the bike and then come over and start asking questions. bast*rds :(

• 3 weeks later...