Due to lack of support the default style on the forum is going to be changing and the current default style will be removed!

For more information see this thread
https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/vie ... =6&t=71349

Bloody weather

Motorbike related? Can't find what you're looking for below? Then post here!!
skyrider
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 366 times

Re: Bloody weather

Post by skyrider » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:22 pm

yes we getting into that dodgy time of year rain, cold, wet slippy leaves,cow crap at the end of farmers yards , dark mornings and nights be on your guard people and lets be careful out there :|
i dont know where im going but i will when i get there

Beans
Bike(s): Honda CBF1000A7
Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Beans » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:51 pm

Count me in for a move to a warm dry climate. Living in the north west I should be used to it raining but it still depresses me particularly when London seems to be permanently in the 20s and dry.
Its definitely slippy out there but it's not leaves. Not where I am noticing it. I think it must be dampness and lower temperature making tyres less grippy
Learner rider.
Stll a student.
Mod 2 passed 1st June 2018 :D

Mack01
Bike(s): Suzuki V-Strom 650
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Mack01 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:35 pm

Richzx6r wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:44 pm
So I know its getting to the horrible time of the year when the nights draw in and the weather gets abit shite but why is it so bloody slippery, 4 times tonight coming off roundabouts and once in a straight line the rear tyre just starts spinning up, and I know what you are all thinking I must have wound it on but I really didn't I was actually trying to prevent it from doing that by being gradual and careful with throttle inputs...

My question is how many of us has had this problem
Yep, have noticed in the last couple weeks that the roads round here are greasier than usual for the time of year. It has nowt to do with leaves as there aren't any fallen yet. No mud or dead things on the road either. I reckon it is as Marino says, build up of dirt over a dry spell then not enough rain to wash away adequately. Where I live seems to have a high amount of atmospheric dust. It settles on everything. So, that and a little water = slippy roads. A mate from work came off the other day doing under 10mph on a slight corner due to a slippy surface. He was going slow enough to not get injured. hoping that the coming rain will give the roads a good wash down.

Return to “Motorbike Chat”