Bar end mirrors..

Motorbike related? Can't find what you're looking for below? Then post here!!
User avatar
Six30
TOTY 2019
Posts: 7584
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:48 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki GSX S 1000
Location: In Rennies wardrobe
Has liked: 2063 times
Been liked: 3340 times

Bar end mirrors..

Post by Six30 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:21 am

Any one had experiance of em , vision , vibration , best ones to get , are they easy to fit ?
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."



Up to 25% off insurance Click here for more info

fastbob
Posts: 7009
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster
Location: Coventry
Has liked: 2813 times
Been liked: 2999 times

Re: Bar end mirrors..

Post by fastbob » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:47 am

Would I be correct in assuming that in order to fit bar end mirrors you would have to sacrifice your bar end weights ? So you might get more vibration through your hands as a result . Depends on the design I suppose .

User avatar
Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Posts: 2782
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:07 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Location: Near Oulton Park
Has liked: 555 times
Been liked: 1563 times

Re: Bar end mirrors..

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:15 pm

I have them on the Bobber. I'm pretty sure they have the weights built into them.

They have short stems so vibration isn't an issue. Only minor niggle might be that they tend to be a bit smaller than the conventional stalk type but I've not found it a problem.

Being right on the end of the bars they are in a good position.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

User avatar
Six30
TOTY 2019
Posts: 7584
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:48 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki GSX S 1000
Location: In Rennies wardrobe
Has liked: 2063 times
Been liked: 3340 times

Re: Bar end mirrors..

Post by Six30 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:34 pm

Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:15 pm
I have them on the Bobber. I'm pretty sure they have the weights built into them.

They have short stems so vibration isn't an issue. Only minor niggle might be that they tend to be a bit smaller than the conventional stalk type but I've not found it a problem.

Being right on the end of the bars they are in a good position.


Did you fit them ? I turn into mr Bean when I pick up a screwdriver or spanner .
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

User avatar
Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Posts: 2782
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:07 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Location: Near Oulton Park
Has liked: 555 times
Been liked: 1563 times

Re: Bar end mirrors..

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:27 pm

Six30 wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:34 pm
Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:15 pm
I have them on the Bobber. I'm pretty sure they have the weights built into them.

They have short stems so vibration isn't an issue. Only minor niggle might be that they tend to be a bit smaller than the conventional stalk type but I've not found it a problem.

Being right on the end of the bars they are in a good position.


Did you fit them ? I turn into mr Bean when I pick up a screwdriver or spanner .
No - they're standard fittings.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

Titter
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:31 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Street Triple R 675, VFR800X
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Bar end mirrors..

Post by Titter » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:31 am

Had them on a Street Triple, easy enough to fit. Fitted them and a tail tidy when I first got the bike. A year later I put the originals back on. They both looked great but I got fed up of getting a wet arse and couldnt see much behind me :D
I'm getting old :(

User avatar
Fleck
Posts: 586
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:38 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): KTM Duke 390 and Honda Vision
Location: Chesterfield
Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 140 times

Re: Bar end mirrors..

Post by Fleck » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:35 am

Mine screwed on using an M6 countersunk bolt. They are smaller but look loads better than the big KTM originals. The missing weights haven't made any difference.


Image

I took the big ones off, before anybody suggests it 👍😊
Bikes:
2017 KTM Duke 390
2014 Honda Vision 110

Cars:
A small black one.

One Ball 1971
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:31 pm
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Bar end mirrors..

Post by One Ball 1971 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:29 pm

I have Rizoma Spy R 80 bar end mirrors on mine. I find them much better, you can actually see what's behind you. No noticable vibrations, nice, quality piece of kit.

brad93
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:34 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Kawasaki Z650 Performance Edition
Location: Leicestershire
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Bar end mirrors..

Post by brad93 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:12 pm

Just bought a set off Amazon. £11.99. Came today and feel surprisingly well made for the price! Hopefully get them fitted soon, once I’ve found a way to get the original bolts out as Kawasaki add locktite to them out the factory :evil:

User avatar
Mr Fro
Subscriber
Posts: 6143
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:03 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): ZX6r, ZXR750L Turbo
Location: Bury st Edmunds-ish
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 814 times

Re: Bar end mirrors..

Post by Mr Fro » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:44 pm

brad93 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:12 pm
Just bought a set off Amazon. £11.99. Came today and feel surprisingly well made for the price! Hopefully get them fitted soon, once I’ve found a way to get the original bolts out as Kawasaki add locktite to them out the factory :evil:
Not on any Kwak I've ever owned.

User avatar
Marino
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:02 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Super duke 1290 gt
Location: Huddersfield
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 160 times

Re: Bar end mirrors..

Post by Marino » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:52 pm

Mr Fro wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:44 pm
brad93 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:12 pm
Just bought a set off Amazon. £11.99. Came today and feel surprisingly well made for the price! Hopefully get them fitted soon, once I’ve found a way to get the original bolts out as Kawasaki add locktite to them out the factory :evil:
Not on any Kwak I've ever owned.
I had z750r and bar end bolts were fitted with tread lock

User avatar
Marino
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:02 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Super duke 1290 gt
Location: Huddersfield
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 160 times

Re: Bar end mirrors..

Post by Marino » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:54 pm

However, aftermarket mirrors only if they are same size as original, i dit try some rizoma mirrors, they look fantastic, but too small. Got original back in place immediately.

brad93
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:34 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Kawasaki Z650 Performance Edition
Location: Leicestershire
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 57 times

Re: Bar end mirrors..

Post by brad93 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:23 am

Mr Fro wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:44 pm
brad93 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:12 pm
Just bought a set off Amazon. £11.99. Came today and feel surprisingly well made for the price! Hopefully get them fitted soon, once I’ve found a way to get the original bolts out as Kawasaki add locktite to them out the factory :evil:
Not on any Kwak I've ever owned.
Mine definitely are, my mates were on his Z900 too

User avatar
Mr Fro
Subscriber
Posts: 6143
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:03 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): ZX6r, ZXR750L Turbo
Location: Bury st Edmunds-ish
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 814 times

Re: Bar end mirrors..

Post by Mr Fro » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Well I suppose my "newest" bike is 13 years old so maybe it's a recentish thing. :lol:

User avatar
geofferz
Subscriber
Posts: 2416
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:24 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 2020 Suzuki GSX-R1000R
Location: West Sussex, UK
Has liked: 978 times
Been liked: 580 times

Re: Bar end mirrors..

Post by geofferz » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:54 pm

I fitted £9 ebay ones to my mt10 and they're great. Dead easy to fit.
Spanker of cyclists' arses

Return to “Motorbike Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], JRH, sm0129 and 5 guests