Due to lack of support the default style on the forum is going to be changing and the current default style will be removed!

For more information see this thread
https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/vie ... =6&t=71349

brand new bike

Motorbike related? Can't find what you're looking for below? Then post here!!
Doofa57
Bike(s): honda cb125r Keeway rks
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

brand new bike

Post by Doofa57 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:56 pm

so i have just got myself a brand new bike its a honda cb125r. i got sick and tired of my keeway rks not starting and the engine knocks like a knocking thing when it gets warm. the new bike is relay nice to ride and real comfortable to ride.
one thing i would like some advise on is do i have to take it back to the dealer for service to keep the warrant valid or can i take it to any bike shop for service.
i am definitely going to do go for full bike licence after Christmas.

Gerontious
Bike(s): Honda CRF1000D2 (DCT)
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 1233 times

Re: brand new bike

Post by Gerontious » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:02 am

you can take it anywhere.. but they must be able to stamp the service manual, use genuine parts and they must follow the procedure to the letter.

I have a new bike.. and my strategy is (for the sake of simplicity) to have it serviced by the Honda dealership until the warranty runs out.. after that its rather less important.

buyers.. like to see the Honda stamps, this is particularly important if you decide to sell it while its still under warranty. Or, perhaps trade-in.

why not buy the service package. £375 for the first 3 services.
Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 00.02.07.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I go round in circles.

manxie49
Bike(s): Yamaha MT10
Has liked: 198 times
Been liked: 322 times

Post by manxie49 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:27 am

Congrats on the new bike :thumb: Any registered mechanic can service the bike so long as genuine parts are used and service schedule is followed, any warranty work will have to be carried out by main dealer

Doofa57
Bike(s): honda cb125r Keeway rks
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Doofa57 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:13 pm

The dealer mentioned the service plan I think I might consider that

Mississippi Bullfrog
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:15 am

For me it depends if I plan to keep it for ages or trade it within a few years. If keeping it for a long time get it serviced by the dealer until the warranty is out then go to your local workshop, or DIY.

If you plan to trade or sell it within a few years stick to main dealer servicing.

The difference in price between a dealer and a local workshop isn't that much. But when selling a full dealership service history maintains the value.

A lot depends on how good your dealership is. My Triumph goes to Bill Smith's in Chester because I am very impressed with how they look after the bike. My Honda I do myself.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

Return to “Motorbike Chat”