Due to lack of support the default style on the forum is going to be changing and the current default style will be removed!

For more information see this thread
https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/vie ... =6&t=71349

lexmoto or yamaha ?

Motorbike related? Can't find what you're looking for below? Then post here!!
Glorian
Bike(s): Yamaha XJ6 N SP
Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 199 times

Re: lexmoto or yamaha ?

Post by Glorian » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:08 pm

bonio wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:16 pm
Glorian wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:49 pm
China is asshoe
Who woke you up? :wink:
Somebody uttered cursed words from a demonic tome.
I love donuts

James in Brum
Bike(s): ZZR600D
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by James in Brum » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:14 pm

Somebody uttered cursed words from a demonic tome.
[/quote]

“Glorianjuice glorianjuice Glorianjuice”

superfish
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by superfish » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:35 pm

James in Brum wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:35 pm
I have an 18 month old Lexmoto Falcon and can offer unbiased review. It’s great, I love it. Some of the materials are rubbish, eg the oil cap lid thing is made of butter as far as I can tell, almost all of the screws that hold the fairing on are weak and the thread vanished if you take them off and put them back on.
There was a weird electrical fault that sorted itself out. For 2k I got a bike that was exciting for me to own as a first bike, I still like it, it’s great to ride. There is no reason other than that it is a Lexmoto that is should have lost as much value as it has. I would say it should be worth 14-15 hundred pounds with 6k on the clock but likely it is worth more like 6-8 hundred.
That is the biggest problem with the bike, I have lost a shed load of money. I should have bought second hand Japanese, it would have been the right thing to do. And I Love my 125.
I tried watching the video @dynax but the gui seems like a tool and evidently biased.
This seems to be the general opinion from my research the main problem is huge depreciation due to the stigma attached to these bikes, for that reason I now have my heart set on a yamaha wr125x you can pick one up 5years old or so for around 2 grand and nobody told me they were a good alternative to a varadaro in that im 6foot 2 and this bike is also quite tall, its a shame about the lexmotos

James in Brum
Bike(s): ZZR600D
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by James in Brum » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:19 pm

I have a good used Falcon you have for much less :-) :cheers:

xMachina
Bike(s): K6 Bandit 1200, K3 GSX-R750
Challenge Score: 300
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 195 times

Post by xMachina » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:36 am

superfish wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:35 pm

I now have my heart set on a yamaha wr125x you can pick one up 5years old or so for around 2 grand...
When I decided to get on the road with a bike I bought a WR125X, I had been looking at buying a new Lexmoto Adrenaline for around the same money. After realising my fond memories of screaming 125 2 strokes were not going to be relived on a modern 4 stroke (They are shite) I sold it 4 months down the line - for more than I paid for it. Had I bought the Lexmoto it would have been a very, very different story.
ftw wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:02 pm
xmachina, you have been outed.

RantMachine
Bike(s): None... for now
Has liked: 620 times
Been liked: 505 times

Post by RantMachine » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:15 am

My Lexmoto was a real unreliable heap of junk that broke down pretty much every other weekend. But, I still had great fun riding it and somehow clocked up something like 14,000 miles on it, including a few hundred with a pillion. So... I'm not gonna totally shoot them down. Had fun with mine and I do legit miss it at times. But only get a Lexmoto is you're happy to go through a lot of repairs, and to have to fight them a little to make sure they cover said repairs under the warranty. And be well aware that they have almost zero resale value. Nobody pays good money for a used Chinese bike! Best bet is to write it off and claim on insurance like mine :lol:
Disclaimer: RantMachine don't know shit

Return to “Motorbike Chat”