Due to lack of support the default style on the forum is going to be changing and the current default style will be removed!

For more information see this thread
https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/vie ... =6&t=71349

Improvisation

Motorbike related? Can't find what you're looking for below? Then post here!!
fastbob
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster and er5
Has liked: 2981 times
Been liked: 2701 times

Re: Improvisation

Post by fastbob » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:26 pm

Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:47 pm
I think the point that needs to be made here is that Fastbob actually 'fessed up on a public forum to having actually once owned a MZ TS 125.

Brave man! :salute:
I've had two ! Everything about them was like a bike from a parallel universe where the Gumbies had taken over . When you ride one you just can't stop laughing . They used to be cheap as chips but of course now they have become collectable. This is not mine but I had one identical to this . I also had a pale blue one . To be fair , they always started and only broke down occasionally when the plug fouled up . I could never work out how much Two Stroke to put in the tank so I just used to guess . The funniest thing was that the speedo used to go up and down when I revved the engine while the bike wasn't moving . This was due to the horrible vibrations . Note the locking cupboard to keep your Two Stroke , or your vodka , in .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr Fro
Subscriber
Bike(s): ZX6r, ZXR750L Turbo
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 891 times

Post by Mr Fro » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:44 am

Nothing wrong with MZ/CZ, they're brilliant when you've got naff all money. They aren't fast and they don't handle but they do just keep plodding on.

The CZ twins weren't that vibey but I had an ETZ301 which shook like a jack hammer. Like you said Bob, you just can't help smiling. :-)

They get bonus points from me for never rusting - mine were always coated with a healthy layer of two stroke oil!

I wouldn't mind another one for comedy value but like you said, the weird beards have taken over and they're now collectable so are just too much money for what they are.

hawkeyefxr
Bike(s): Harley Superglide
Been liked: 15 times

Post by hawkeyefxr » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:46 pm

Technically speaking the swept braking area is greatly reduce so braking efficiency will be drastically reduced and may cause an accident.
OR, it's a plain bodge uo.
I would have given that a red ticket for an MOT, yes i did do MOT's many moons ago "had" to pass some bikes that had bad brakes, those were the real old bikes.

Return to “Motorbike Chat”