Motorcycle Sympathy

sparkpaintersuk

It is not weird to find yourself conversing with your Motorcycle, listening to strange mechanical noises produced within your bike engine. How many find themselves talking to their bike, urging it on? Or is it weird? It happens to me a lot of times when my bike has difficulties. How many share the same view.

I talk to pretty much anything, cars and bikes are no exception. In a way it keeps me calm when trouble shooting an issue.

I do get laughed at for saying please and thank you to Google lady when I ask for something though :lol:

Of course I talk to my bike(s) and my cat . I also talk to myself and to God although I do not subscribe to any organised religion . Sometimes I even talk to other people and of course I talk by means of text to all the lovely members of this here forum . My job requires me to talk to around 150 people a day but that doesn't count .

I must confess that I have never spoken to a motorcycle. To my boat however, near the end of a race, I do tend to whisper sweet words of encouragement.

Like "Keep going you bast*rd or I'll kick a hole in your transom." It never works.

Either that or I'm too fat to win any races.

Can't say I've ever spoken to any object except the bloody tomtom when it stitches me up in the van, then I shout at it and lob it in the back :roll: . I suppose in the future we'll speak to everything, it's already started with Alexa