Due to lack of support the default style on the forum is going to be changing and the current default style will be removed!

For more information see this thread
https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/vie ... =6&t=71349

Seriously considering another bike.......

Motorbike related? Can't find what you're looking for below? Then post here!!
fastbob
Posts: 5696
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster and er5
Location: Coventry
Has liked: 2983 times
Been liked: 2701 times

Re: Seriously considering another bike.......

Post by fastbob » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:00 pm

dynax wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:45 pm
That is a very tempting offer, what is the overall length, would fit in a peugeot like this

Image
Well before we get into that I'd better add a few details . Firstly the bike probably needs a rear tyre . It's on SORN with no MOT , I haven't got round to telling DVLA about the engine swap and it's very loud because of that tiny exhaust can . I don't know the length but I will look it up .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
dynax
Subscriber
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:47 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Xena, Bridget,
Location: Doncaster
Has liked: 771 times
Been liked: 498 times

Re: Seriously considering another bike.......

Post by dynax » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:16 pm

fastbob wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:00 pm
dynax wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:45 pm
That is a very tempting offer, what is the overall length, would fit in a peugeot like this

Image
Well before we get into that I'd better add a few details . Firstly the bike probably needs a rear tyre . It's on SORN with no MOT , I haven't got round to telling DVLA about the engine swap and it's very loud because of that tiny exhaust can . I don't know the length but I will look it up .
The exhaust would be a problem, have some neighbours that turn very nasty at the slightest bit of noise, tyre and mot not an issue, it would be 2-3 weeks before i could come down anyway, would need to make arrangenents for someone to be with my missus while i'm gone :thumb:

fastbob
Posts: 5696
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster and er5
Location: Coventry
Has liked: 2983 times
Been liked: 2701 times

Re: Seriously considering another bike.......

Post by fastbob » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:37 pm

dynax wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:16 pm
fastbob wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:00 pm
dynax wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:45 pm
That is a very tempting offer, what is the overall length, would fit in a peugeot like this

Image
Well before we get into that I'd better add a few details . Firstly the bike probably needs a rear tyre . It's on SORN with no MOT , I haven't got round to telling DVLA about the engine swap and it's very loud because of that tiny exhaust can . I don't know the length but I will look it up .
The exhaust would be a problem, have some neighbours that turn very nasty at the slightest bit of noise, tyre and mot not an issue, it would be 2-3 weeks before i could come down anyway, would need to make arrangenents for someone to be with my missus while i'm gone :thumb:
Well I'm in no hurry to sell . It was a spur of the moment thing but I was vaguely considering selling it at some point.

User avatar
dynax
Subscriber
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:47 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Xena, Bridget,
Location: Doncaster
Has liked: 771 times
Been liked: 498 times

Re: Seriously considering another bike.......

Post by dynax » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:47 pm

fastbob wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:37 pm
dynax wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:16 pm
fastbob wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:00 pm


Well before we get into that I'd better add a few details . Firstly the bike probably needs a rear tyre . It's on SORN with no MOT , I haven't got round to telling DVLA about the engine swap and it's very loud because of that tiny exhaust can . I don't know the length but I will look it up .
The exhaust would be a problem, have some neighbours that turn very nasty at the slightest bit of noise, tyre and mot not an issue, it would be 2-3 weeks before i could come down anyway, would need to make arrangenents for someone to be with my missus while i'm gone :thumb:
Well I'm in no hurry to sell . It was a spur of the moment thing but I was vaguely considering selling it at some point.
I will need to sit on one to see if the riding position is ok, tbh it's not a style of bike i would consider out of the blue, i do prefer a more upright position but i am open to change :lol: :thumb:

User avatar
dynax
Subscriber
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:47 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Xena, Bridget,
Location: Doncaster
Has liked: 771 times
Been liked: 498 times

Re: Seriously considering another bike.......

Post by dynax » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:36 am

@fastbob went and sat on some Kawasakis at J & S, they all seem to have a similar styling with the tank shape and seat position, it wasn't uncomfortable just not what i would choose, it is a nice bike and a good offer but it isn't what i want, i think i will wait till after getting my full licence, i am edging towards a 70's/80's style of bike, although i did sit on a Vulcan that did feel quite good but was too big to fit through my gate :lol: :cheers:

User avatar
dynax
Subscriber
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:47 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Xena, Bridget,
Location: Doncaster
Has liked: 771 times
Been liked: 498 times

Re: Seriously considering another bike.......

Post by dynax » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:07 pm

Went to another dealers and had a look he had a 1982 Yamaha xs400 which i saw online but was rough in the flesh but not a bad price at £1450, fell in love with a ZZR1400 but i would never get it through the garden gate never mind trying to get round the back, there was a quirky honda moped that looked like a mini jetski with wheels :lol:

Looking at the styling of modern(ish) bikes, if you add luggage to them, the majority would not be suitable for me, they are just too big to get through the front gate, i can just about get Xena through, so for some of these others would have no chance, will still keep on looking though :thumb:

James in Brum
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:01 pm
Bike(s): ZZR600D
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Seriously considering another bike.......

Post by James in Brum » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:04 pm

The ZZR600 is a beautiful bike and might get through your gate :-)
It’s a lot of bike too. It is more powerful than the nc750s I have from the insurance company and a lot more fun.

User avatar
dynax
Subscriber
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:47 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Xena, Bridget,
Location: Doncaster
Has liked: 771 times
Been liked: 498 times

Re: Seriously considering another bike.......

Post by dynax » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:17 pm

seen a Suzuki Bandit 600 2005 looks very clean £1000 with a lowered seat would that be worth a punt on :thumb:

Image

User avatar
Mr Fro
Subscriber
Posts: 5792
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:03 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): ZX6r, ZXR750L Turbo
Location: Bury st Edmunds-ish
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 891 times

Re: Seriously considering another bike.......

Post by Mr Fro » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:45 pm

dynax wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:17 pm
seen a Suzuki Bandit 600 2005 looks very clean £1000 with a lowered seat would that be worth a punt on :thumb:
Does it really matter? You'll only change your mind again in 10 minutes.

fastbob
Posts: 5696
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:42 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster and er5
Location: Coventry
Has liked: 2983 times
Been liked: 2701 times

Re: Seriously considering another bike.......

Post by fastbob » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:15 pm

dynax wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:17 pm
seen a Suzuki Bandit 600 2005 looks very clean £1000 with a lowered seat would that be worth a punt on :thumb:

Image
Grab it with both hands , what's not to like ?

User avatar
Smithers
Subscriber
Posts: 679
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:33 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda NC750X
Location: Vanuatu
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 368 times

Re: Seriously considering another bike.......

Post by Smithers » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:22 pm

dynax wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:07 pm
Went to another dealers and had a look he had a 1982 Yamaha xs400 which i saw online but was rough in the flesh but not a bad price at £1450, fell in love with a ZZR1400 but i would never get it through the garden gate never mind trying to get round the back, there was a quirky honda moped that looked like a mini jetski with wheels :lol:

Looking at the styling of modern(ish) bikes, if you add luggage to them, the majority would not be suitable for me, they are just too big to get through the front gate, i can just about get Xena through, so for some of these others would have no chance, will still keep on looking though :thumb:
Don't let a garden gate dictate what motorcycles you buy. Make a bigger gate.
Underneath every ponytail is a horses ass.

User avatar
dynax
Subscriber
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:47 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Xena, Bridget,
Location: Doncaster
Has liked: 771 times
Been liked: 498 times

Re: Seriously considering another bike.......

Post by dynax » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:34 am

Mr Fro wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:45 pm
dynax wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:17 pm
seen a Suzuki Bandit 600 2005 looks very clean £1000 with a lowered seat would that be worth a punt on :thumb:
Does it really matter? You'll only change your mind again in 10 minutes.
Absolutely right, i'm after a cheap winter hack to use now, pointless me getting a big bike as i won't be able to use it anyway, so any piece of crap for around £500 will do for over winter, still doing my DAS so no worries there, then i can trade in the hack in the spring :thumb:

User avatar
dynax
Subscriber
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:47 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Xena, Bridget,
Location: Doncaster
Has liked: 771 times
Been liked: 498 times

Re: Seriously considering another bike.......

Post by dynax » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:09 am

Bought one a Honda CG125 :thumb: and only £75 to add it to my insurance :lol:

Image

User avatar
geofferz
Subscriber
Posts: 2160
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:24 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha mt10
Location: West Sussex, UK
Has liked: 1266 times
Been liked: 858 times

Re: Seriously considering another bike.......

Post by geofferz » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:37 pm

dynax wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:09 am
Bought one a Honda CG125 :thumb: and only £75 to add it to my insurance :lol:

Image
Nice! The Sinophobes breathe a sigh of relief.
Spanker of cyclists' arses

User avatar
dynax
Subscriber
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:47 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Xena, Bridget,
Location: Doncaster
Has liked: 771 times
Been liked: 498 times

Re: Seriously considering another bike.......

Post by dynax » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:40 pm

geofferz wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:37 pm
dynax wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:09 am
Bought one a Honda CG125 :thumb: and only £75 to add it to my insurance :lol:

Image
Nice! The Sinophobes breathe a sigh of relief.
:lol: :thumb:

Return to “Motorbike Chat”