GZ125 marauder strange ignition issues

Jdgawne

Hi I’m a first time poster and know very little about bikes so be gentle:)

I have had issues getting spark and the starter going with the switch plus indercators blinking weird, had to solder wires behind head light as the were cut, replaced left clutch switch and right hand switch gear. I could turn it over by shorting the solinoide but now for the weird bit, now when I have the ignition on all I get is sparks, turn it off and the starter will work, I am at a total loss now and have no where else to turn.

I am not an experienced bike owner just know my way around a multimeter and electric in general

Got the wiring diagrams and tested with multimeter and all seems correct as far as going to where there ment to. Will double check tomorrow, I know it’s not a marauder ignition as it has 7 wires and bike side has 6. Got an ignition on order to rule it out.

J

Got the wiring diagrams and tested with multimeter and all seems correct as far as going to where there ment to. Will double check tomorrow, I know it’s not a marauder ignition as it has 7 wires and bike side has 6. Got an ignition on order to rule it out.

J

I would say that you have pretty much answered your own question here . You may well have connected the wires correctly but it's the mechanism inside the switch that determines which wire or wires are connected to each other .