What did you do to your bike today? (part 4)

oldgrump

[mention]fastbob[/mention] was a super gent and helped me with my bike. I have my zzr600 back and the steering was way off.

I had already tried undoing the lower yoke and bouncing up and down in the forks without success. I tried twisting one end on way and the other the other without success.

Today we undid more bolts, the bracket holding the front mud guard on, the top and bottom yoke, at one point also the clamps at the bottom of the forks holding the spindle in place and the big nut in the middle of the handle bars (head?).

We kept getting to the stage that we (well mostly Fastbob) could tight the wheel and the steering but tightening everything up would put it out of line again.

Currently it is slightly out of alignment but I think rideable.

Yep , we did our best but I suspect there is a tiny bend somewhere in there . The only way to check it out properly will be to strip the legs and roll the stanchions on a flat surface . Anyway , we did get it nearly right . It's straight enough to ride for now . Note the curtain rods .

IMG_20191123_110557258.thumb.jpg.2bb234409d4e8d74363a52e08ac44cc9.jpg

Guest Richzx6r

Brought it's new sets of tyre's for next year 👍,

3 set's of Avon Storm 3D's for bargain price of £374.95, just under £125 a set, can't go wrong at that 😀.

IMG_20191122_102633996.jpg

Where did you find them? That's a bloody steal

Hi [mention]Richzx6r[/mention] got them on eBay with a 20% voucher, can't remember user name, but turned out it was Fowler's of Bristol, ordered at 3 in afternoon, delivered by 10 next morning 😀

Went for a brief ride. Roads were greasy and my buddy forgot to charge his comms unit, but had a coffee and catch up, good to be back out on it. Then I washed it which was much fun as always.

Treated the Trophy to new chain & sprockets ( bargain £67 from M&P + free P&P )

They won’t be fitted until this fine young man is available to assist ( as I have promised ).

A88E2064-C10C-4C59-8F70-9CF1AED81266.thumb.jpeg.2b9b7a5be04325edb5afa71744b067c7.jpeg

Grandson Harry - budding mechanic ( I hope )

Went for a ride to charge the battery. Didn't expect to arrive in Silent Hill!

https://i.imgur.com/3HUbbGf.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

https://i.imgur.com/QV334IE.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

And then this magical thing happened!

https://i.imgur.com/VTxcOdP.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

https://i.imgur.com/EyHYDka.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Hehe.

A bit of this in 16C! 8-)

I think we get the idea . 😁👍

Bloody hell......where are those from Bob?

They're all off this forum !

I think we get the idea . 😁👍

Bloody hell......where are those from Bob?

Looks like someone has facebook stalked you :lol:

No chance , I try to keep my involvement with Facebook to a minimum .

Nuffin. Starts first time every time, everything works on it, never gets a puncture (since bikeseal was installed), never misses a beat, oil and water levels never need topping up between services, the only thing wearing out is my tyres. I will probably go for Michelin road pilots 5 next year, 4's are terrific but 5's seem the current bees knees. I like boring Honda engineering. 8-)

Just fitted a new set of LED indicators on the rear. £8.99 on Amazon with no reviews but I'm a gambling man and it payed off! Luckily the last set were LED so the resistors where already fitted. Just a case of plug and play!20191207_161440.thumb.jpg.a77073ffec1558eca1e2403d3da7353e.jpg