How to make a zip look nice?

Joewrite

I just purchased a almost new completely stock Piaggio zip and I’m wanting to do it up a little, I’ve bought some stickers that I like the look of but I’m not a huge fan of the front of the bike, is there any panels that would fit it (eg. Zip sp panels) that look a little cooler? Or any decal kits as I can’t seem to find much at the moment. Thanks

Guest Richzx6r

Personally I wouldn't bother as it won't increase its resale value so I'd use it as a stepping stone to something better when you have the money and save whatever you are likely to spend making it look nicer for something that looks better off the shelf

I support previous comments - nearly all bikes are best left standard to sell - most people would sooner buy an untouched bike rather than a customised or personalised job of any kind - think about it - what you you rather buy? a standard untouched machine or something that has previous owners marks all over it.

Even if you were to put All the possible genuine add-ons available for this machine you would never get your money back

By all means alter whatever you want But do not spend your cash thinking that it is an investment It is unlikely to be.

I didn't even know what a Zip was.

Took a look and quite frankly I'm not sure what you can do to that to make it look cooler!

Certainly not cool enough to get you a blowjob that's for sure!

If a Vespa wouldn't cut it in 1971 then you got no hope with that in 2019.

Maybe [mention]Six30[/mention] has a few ideas?

Took a look and quite frankly I'm not sure what you can do to that to make it look cooler!

Maybe @Six30 has a few ideas?

i have, this will improve it :thumb:

sledge-hammer-tool-500x500.jpg.4bcffbcddccaf9025696d69152a2dd04.jpg

I have an easier way!

download.png

I have an easier way!

download.png

Comes to something when even the Admins are trolling new members! :lol:

I have an easier way!

download.png

Comes to something when even the Admins are trolling new members! :lol:

scuse me!! I wasn't trolling a new member I was making things light work for [mention]Six30[/mention]

Back on topic , I think this is the sort of thing you are looking for . Here's a FB group that's all about custom Piaggio Zip scooters . It's no good asking us crusty old bikers about plastic scooters . https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Community/Piaggio-zip-sp-mk2-custom-project-794994207277245/

The perplexing thing about all this is that until I read the OP I didn't know what a Piaggio Zip was ,but in a very short space of time I found out . I then went on to discover that people do indeed customise these scooters by swapping parts around from the SP version although why they don't buy this in the first place remains a mystery . I've found multiple images of customised Zips, an extensive range of custom decals , and a Facebook page devoted to the subject . All this in the space of a few minutes and purely out of idle curiosity . So why couldn't the OP do that for themselves ? Here you go , like all good custom bikes the creator probably just got stuck in and did it .

Polish_20191128_180154710.thumb.jpg.fd6d2e835a0cf051921d761370196327.jpg

Edited by fastbob

Guest Richzx6r

The perplexing thing about all this is that until I read the OP I didn't know what a Piaggio Zip was ,but in a very short space of time I found out . I then went on to discover that people do indeed customise these scooters by swapping parts around from the SP version although why they don't buy this in the first place remains a mystery . I've found multiple images of customised Zips, an extensive range of custom decals , and a Facebook page devoted to the subject . All this in the space of a few minutes and purely out of idle curiosity . So why couldn't the OP do that for themselves ?

Maybe because the OP is useless and an idiot.......he/she bought a piagio zip....... :roll:

I disagree, if going off the original post information.

It's probably a first foray into powered 2 wheelness

Op worked saved or borrowed (hopefully) to actually buy something rather than running drugs and stabbing someone for it.

Nearly new so wanted something reliable but probably couldn't afford new.

All he/she wanted was some advice.

I don't think it's that bad

I hope all you naysayers reflect on your naysaying

Naughty naughty bikers

😁