Push fit fastener instead of D rings

Rustydog

I’m a newbie of only 3 months so far. I bought an AGV lid which I really like. However, it’s got a D ring fastener system. The D rings seem like a bit of a fiddle to me and I’m not sure I’m ever going to get fully use to them. Is there a recommended push fit fastener system that I could buy and retro fit in place of the D Rings ?.

I know the D rings work on the simplest of principles which is good but they are a right fiddle to get on and off and they don’t lend themselves to everything staying all neat comfortable under your chin once you have fastened them. Cheers for any help from anyone here.

I would not want to modify the fastening strap on a helmet because if it fails in a smash it could mean the difference between life or death!

Keep at it you will get the hang of it!

I can't do push fit! only double D for me

Have a look at the fastening system on an Arai helmet . When I used to sell them they were exclusively D ring . D rings have no moving parts , no springs , no plastic and no ratchets . They have nothing that can wear out or go wrong and every time you do one up you automatically adjust your helmet strap to the correct tightness . Convinced yet ?

Guest Richzx6r

As bob says, I have the ratchet system on my lid as I have to keep adjusting it to get the right fit, my next lid I think I'll be going back to double d, its easy enough to get the hang of with a small amount of perseverance

Have a look at the fastening system on an Arai helmet . When I used to sell them they were exclusively D ring . D rings have no moving parts , no springs , no plastic and no ratchets . They have nothing that can wear out or go wrong and every time you do one up you automatically adjust your helmet strap to the correct tightness . Convinced yet ?

Spot on, Bob, it's the best system IMO.

Hole both Ds together between thumb and first finger. Feed the strap through the gap. Let go of both Ds and then swap hands and hold only the inner D with the thumb and first finger of your other hand. Feed the strap end through that D. Let go of the Ds and pull to tighten.

With minimal practice, that can be done in about 2 seconds.

Hole both Ds together between thumb and first finger. Feed the strap through the gap. Let go of both Ds and then swap hands and hold only the inner D with the thumb and first finger of your other hand. Feed the strap end through that D. Let go of the Ds and pull to tighten.

With minimal practice, that can be done in about 2 seconds.

And THEN put your gloves on . 😁👍

My first two helmets had ratchets and then I got my first shoei. I was worried about the DD fastening too but I got the hang of it very quickly and now wouldn't want to go back to rachet.

I got to I could use the D rings with gloves on.

I can use D Rings with my eyes shut. :!: :!:

And that's a big YES from me too !

I think most people can! Cos you can't see them when you're putting your lid on.

Think of the reverse though ...

Someone being the first on scene in the event of accident having just to pull a small red tag and gently easing the helmet strap off. ...rather than the fumbling and extra movement of undoing a d ring..

I prefer the ratchet over d ring personal ly.

If a helmet can obtain the same if not better safety rating with a ratchet system then surely there is something in the findings.

Think of the reverse though ...

Someone being the first on scene in the event of accident having just to pull a small red tag and gently easing the helmet strap off. ...rather than the fumbling and extra movement of undoing a d ring..

I prefer the ratchet over d ring personal ly.

If a helmet can obtain the same if not better safety rating with a ratchet system then surely there is something in the findings.

My lid has a red tag on the lower ring for just that purpose. Besides, of you're that worried about it then get a decent lid with the emergency release mechanism.

Could always go for a Vozz (?) helmet which is of the clam shell type and has neither. Really fancied one but no matter how I tried just couldn't get the thing to work. Either crushed my head or was like wearing a bucket.

Someone being the first on scene in the event of accident having just to pull a small red tag and gently easing the helmet strap off.
Damn! I thought it doubled as a life raft. :tumble: