4 stroke moped help.

Jamiew

Hi

Sorry I’m a pretty much a novice here but was looking for some help. I’ve had a push go zip 2T for a few years now and whenever it shows oil getting low I’ll simply add the oil to the area that says oil under my seat next to the petrol compartment.

I’m looking at a 125cc fuel injected 4 stroke. How do you go about adding oil to this. I understand you need to add it with the Petrol? Do you need to do this every time you fill up? As said, sorry to sound like a complete idiot but if you don’t ask you don’t get and I can’t find the info I’m looking for online. Cheers.

Hi and welcome to the forum

you are adding oil to the moped now and that is mixed with the fuel this provides lubrication for the engine

In a 4 stroke the only oil you add is engine oil and you change this at regular intervals

There is no need to add oil to the fuel it is a case of add fuel and go!

As above 2T engines require an oil/petrol mix which can be premixed externally or internally as in your current case,

4T engines only require petrol in the petrol and oil seperately in the engine same as a car :thumb:

Could I suggest that you purchase the Haynes Manual entitled Basics Techbook . You will find once you understand why something works it becomes much easier to grasp how something works . https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193214453857