found a random part under the motorbike seat?

Jjquelch

Hello

So I’ve never seen this part before inderneath my motorbike seat and it’s not connected to anything and is clearly from somewhere. It’s a grey metal canister and a part which says chrome vanadium 10ml. I have a Yamaha 125 Zfr I’ve just bought it and got it moved from a families members house I do not have a cbt

The top thing looks like a capacitor or condenser... Or might be an ignition coil which steps up the voltage for the spark plug.

The bottom thing is out of what's termed a 'socket set' and it's used together with a lever to undo 10mm nuts 😎👍

Edited by Fleck

Wtf why would it just be there laying there inside my seat? Is that the reason why it won’t turn on? Very strange I leave it at my aunties and they’re not too keen about me having a bike and the day I go take it back to my house this part is just sitting inside the seat not attached to anything ? Do you think someone has purposely removed it? Or can this happen? Im so confused. Thanks for the replies people

I think you need to hand your bike over to a bike shop or someone with some experience.

No offence meant, but if you don't know what a 10mm socket is you shouldn't be attempting to repair a motorcycle. :thumb:

You bought a second hand bike and have found a spare coil and socket under the seat

Maybe a previous owner had put them there.

No mention in the first post of it not turning on. So what's that mean? Totally dead? Cranking but not firing?

Or is this just a wind up?

1 some sort of paper

2 coil

3 socket, guessing at mult spline not hex

3 table, probably pine, definitely old as it's colour has darkened, possibly oblong might be square 99% 4 legs, probably intended for dinning from, not sure how that ended up under your seat though.

Usually motorbikes end up in bits on them, you have just started on that slippery slope, starts with a couple of bits, by next weekend the engine will be on it.

MEDIC........

No I’m not I’m not an experienced rider it’s my first bike but every time I’ve tried to turn it on before the dashboard lights up and now it doesn’t I can’t even turn the key all the way round to the ignition it’s locked after one click and normally after the one click the dashboard lights up. I don’t wanna waste people’s time on here if your intrigued to laugh at me and also help with this issue let me know my snapchat is joshua_q07 or my Instagram is joshuaarmani_

👊🏽

No I’m not I’m not an experienced rider it’s my first bike but every time I’ve tried to turn it on before the dashboard lights up and now it doesn’t I can’t even turn the key all the way round to the ignition it’s locked after one click and normally after the one click the dashboard lights up. I don’t wanna waste people’s time on here if your intrigued to laugh at me and also help with this issue let me know my snapchat is joshua_q07 or my Instagram is joshuaarmani_

👊🏽

No one is laughing at you mate, but we do have a sense of humor.

Is the steering lock holding it locked have you tried slightly moving the bars?

👆 Yes definitely what Bender says. If there is pressure on the steering lock the key is difficult to turn. Move the handlebars as you try and turn the key.

The big item is a fuel pump for inside the petrol tank.

Check ebay for ZFR125 pump.

As for the chrome vanadium item I've no idea maybe it's from the Flux Capacitor.

Which could give a clue to why it won't start :thumb:

Oh okay thanks for the response bro

So I just need to put that back and should be good 👍🏽

Don’t really want to pay for a mechanic at this ngl but if worse comes to worse and I can’t put that back I’ll call one 👊🏽

The big item is a fuel pump for inside the petrol tank.

Check ebay for ZFR125 pump.

As for the chrome vanadium item I've no idea maybe it's from the Flux Capacitor.

So I’m guessing the pump is used at a petrol station? What’s the actual use of it so I know lmao

Thanks for the help so far

Can the chrome vanadium be attached back without a mechanic?