Battery Help

Bikelife ukkk

Hi im trying to figure out about the battery i need i have a Pulse Adrenaline 125cc And The Battery Is 12v 9Mah

Is it possible to you any other 12v batteries such as 12v 12mah or 12v 14.6mah or does it need to be exactly the same and does it matter if its gel or lead acid please help me as i need to get one asap

I hope you mean your battery is rated at 9ah - 9mah would fit in a watch ! :?

Assuming it's 9ah : Look on the Tayna Battery website.

Find a motorcycle battery (Motobatt AGM recommended) which has the same physical dimensions as yours, confirm that it has a minimum of 9ah and you've got a suitable replacement. Make sure you connect everything to the correct terminal - it's simple enough, but you'll be amazed at how quickly your bike dies if you get it wrong ! :shock:

Does the size of battery matter cos on my bike its been moved to the back under the tail light theyve installed a metal box which isnt the original but its quiet big so i think any should fit and i meant does the ah matter like if i get a 12v 14.6ah would it matter or does it need to be 9ah

Not sure about that box, I assume it's removed for access. If the battery lies on its side go for gel or similar. You don't want a lead acid on its side.

In terms of Ah then you can go up but not down. It just means your battery has more capacity and usually a higher cranking capacity.

So aslong as the battery is 12v and fots in the box and it doesnt go on its side i just took it off for access it sits up straight i have a 12v 14.6ah battery so this would be ok in replacement for 12v 9ah and also lead acid is ok ? For it sitting up

Just something to bear in mind, the higher capacity batteries that are the same physical size will have thinner lead plates in them so may be less robust.

So aslong as the battery is 12v and fots in the box and it doesnt go on its side i just took it off for access it sits up straight i have a 12v 14.6ah battery so this would be ok in replacement for 12v 9ah and also lead acid is ok ? For it sitting up

Yes. Should be fine.

If you're sure the 14.6aH battery is a motorcycle battery, you should be fine. A leisure battery can't deliver enough current to start a bike, but if you're not sure it won't hurt anything to try it.

Give it a go and let us know how you get on !

If you're sure the 14.6aH battery is a motorcycle battery, you should be fine. A leisure battery can't deliver enough current to start a bike, but if you're not sure it won't hurt anything to try it.

Give it a go and let us know how you get on !

Leisure batteries tend to be in region of 100 to 250ah and they are big heavy things for caravans and boats. You'd never get one anywhere near a bike. Contrary to what is often said, whilst they are designed to deliver a low amperage over a long period of time they can be used in an emergency to start an engine, but it doesn't do them any good.

They also dislike being dropped from a height. Bad things happen.