New Bike Buying Help.

JYeates

Hi there, Been riding a few months on a GSX-S125. Have my motorbike test booked for a couple of months when this has all blown over. I'm looking for advice on what type of bike to buy (not necessarily specific models). I will be riding mainly on A road doing around 60 mph. But occasionally motorway riding, never for more than half an hour at a time. I cannot imagine doing this on a naked as i'm currently being blown all which way on my little naked. I don't know if this is due to my bike having no fairings or because it is small or because i haven't been riding long and am not used to it. So any help on the right bike type for me would be great.

P.S I do really love the look and style of sports bikes and naked bikes so preferably that stylingish.

Everyone is different so you will need to testride as many as you can but a pretty good start would be a street triple

1764864410_streettriplers.jpg.d9af3478bd9823f9aa955cc11589db30.jpg

If you want something that looks like a sportbike but is much more comfortable and a tiny bit less scary then I absolutely loved the z1000sx. The 2017 onwards model is nicer imo but the older ones are still great bikes

4ae3d11918ed48c18cab5846464d7c8f.thumb.jpg.57ae5e3b26c309af598e157e18793655.jpg

Hi there, Been riding a few months on a GSX-S125. Have my motorbike test booked for a couple of months when this has all blown over. I'm looking for advice on what type of bike to buy (not necessarily specific models). I will be riding mainly on A road doing around 60 mph. But occasionally motorway riding, never for more than half an hour at a time. I cannot imagine doing this on a naked as i'm currently being blown all which way on my little naked. I don't know if this is due to my bike having no fairings or because it is small or because i haven't been riding long and am not used to it. So any help on the right bike type for me would be great.

P.S I do really love the look and style of sports bikes and naked bikes so preferably that stylingish.

Maybe consider a cb500x decent 1st bike. Just depends what sort of bike you are looking for but I'm guessing this would fit the bill without breaking the bank or being too expensive to insure

Love the look of the Kawasaki and the triple.Would the triple give enough wind protection on dual carriageway? The Kawasaki is the exact style j have in my head though. Thank you.

New Busa 1.jpg

I could be accused of being biased but she does everything including mile munching and making some sportsbikes look a bit sluggish.

LOL.

Cheers

Ian

Maybe something to ease me in a bit first :D

Everyone is different so you will need to testride as many as you can but a pretty good start would be a street triple

street triple rs.jpg

If you want something that looks like a sportbike but is much more comfortable and a tiny bit less scary then I absolutely loved the z1000sx. The 2017 onwards model is nicer imo but the older ones are still great bikes

4ae3d11918ed48c18cab5846464d7c8f.jpg

Love the look of the Kawasaki and the triple.Would the triple give enough wind protection on dual carriageway? The Kawasaki is the exact style i have in my head though, what would other brands equivalent to this be? Thank you.

street triple rs.jpg

4ae3d11918ed48c18cab5846464d7c8f.jpg

Love the look of the Kawasaki and the triple.Would the triple give enough wind protection on dual carriageway? The Kawasaki is the exact style i have in my head though, what would other brands equivalent to this be? Thank you.

Fair play for being sensible lol.

People like me are a bad influence.

Benders suggestion looks good and probably very practical.

Welcome to the fold I hope you have fun.

Cheers

Ian

Love the look of the Kawasaki and the triple.Would the triple give enough wind protection on dual carriageway? The Kawasaki is the exact style j have in my head though. Thank you.

The Kawasaki will be much better protection wise. Im not the best person to ask because I only ride for fun rather than commuting so wind protection isn't something I really worry about.

A CBR 500 will give you the looks and be a bit more beginner friendly. Never ridden one so can't vouch for fun factor but will be reliable.

155932_2019_cbr500r.jpg.ff9423eae5a67615a95827efaab699ab.jpg

If you want to try something that will change your mind about caring what it looks like you'd could try a VRF800X. Not a looker but a great "do everything" bike guaranteed to make you smile.

HondaCrossrunnerReview6661.jpg.89c2eab29011d3afbff8a978ca5efabd.jpg

This is all making me want to buy another bike 🤦🏼‍♂️

The Kawasaki will be much better protection wise. Im not the best person to ask because I only ride for fun rather than commuting so wind protection isn't something I really worry about.

A CBR 500 will give you the looks and be a bit more beginner friendly. Never ridden one so can't vouch for fun factor but will be reliable.

155932_2019_cbr500r.jpg

If you want to try something that will change your mind about caring what it looks like you'd could try a VRF800X. Not a looker but a great "do everything" bike guaranteed to make you smile.

HondaCrossrunnerReview6661.jpg

I won't be commuting for work, Will just be for fun after work and on weekends, i will need to travel on Dual-carriageways occasionally but not often. A naked may be absolutely fine for this, i just have no experience to go off of. I definitely like the sport bike look the most though. Go and get one ;)

I'm thinking ER6 based on your intended usage .

Looks like a good shout, Do they still make those or been discontinued?

Discontinued but there will plenty of good second hand ones around . https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/reviews/bikes/kawasaki/kawasaki-er-6n-2006-2016-review-used-buyers-guide-value-spec The ER6 seems to have morphed into the Z650 .

155932_2019_cbr500r.jpg

I won't be commuting for work, Will just be for fun after work and on weekends, i will need to travel on Dual-carriageways occasionally but not often. A naked may be absolutely fine for this, i just have no experience to go off of. I definitely like the sport bike look the most though. Go and get one ;)

Naked bikes are fine as long as they have a bit of weight to them . I've done two 1600 mile tours of Scotland on my little ER5 with no issues at all .

155932_2019_cbr500r.jpg

Naked bikes are fine as long as they have a bit of weight to them . I've done two 1600 mile tours of Scotland on my little ER5 with no issues at all .

Agreed,.it will be nothing like riding your 125

Agreed,.it will be nothing like riding your 125

ah really? That's definitely good to know. Thanks for your help :)

Guest Richzx6r

New Busa 1.jpg

I could be accused of being biased but she does everything including mile munching and making some sportsbikes look a bit sluggish.

LOL.

Cheers

Ian

I really want to get a ride on one to see if I'd get on with it