Fuel tank range

Stu

[mention]James in Brum[/mention] wants a willy waving contest on fuel tank range :lol:

So come on then

Best and worst out of a tank on your current bike

Probably best to go to as far as you have dared rather than go out and test it :lol:

Best 240 miles to reserve there is apparently around 40 miles in reserve!

Worst was 170 fun miles :lol:

The best was in Germany fully loaded with the wife! worst was no luggage at all and on my own :lol:

R1 usually does 150 miles before the light comes on, have pushed on another 20 miles or so before bottling it.

RGV does about 40 mpg if ridden gently, would give a range of about 120miles,if caning it would probably halve that.

Worst I've ever had was the 380 when it had a knackered air filter.

Filled up in Rugby, rode to Banbury,27 miles.

Set off home, got halfway to Daventry and went onto reserve.

2.5 gallons in 40 miles

I think I will win worst lol.

Rode from Bedford to Cambridge on the race bike when it was technically road legal.

Got as far as St Neots Tesco on the way back before gauge was reading near empty ! Total distance 54 miles.

My normal Busa does 160 miles to a tank approx.!

Gotta love a supercharger lol, it was a fun ride though.

Don't use it on the road now (but not for the economy reason lol)

Cheers

Ian

220 +/-10 per tank on TDM, triumph trophy anywhere between 140 and 240 depending on how gentle I have been.

Although the other hand to play is how much fuel have you fitted in your tank?

The TDM has 20 ltr tank and I have fitted in 18 ltrs...

I regularly bottle it at 135 when the lights come on. Yesterday I kept going for twenty miles after the lights came on and got 152. I think I could do more and want to see what I can get. I get roughly 54 to the gallon and it is a four gallon tank.

I only ever seem to get 12-13 litres in at the pump. I think the least was about 90, when I was learning what the wrist could achieve when I first got her.

110 believe it or not .

Is that gallons per mile as per most agricultural machinery :D

What size tank does it have?

12.9 litres . Later models with EFI have a huge pump and filter inside the tank that greatly reduces capacity and some current models have an even smaller tank with the same gear inside it .

Guest Richzx6r

110 believe it or not .

12.9 litres . Later models with EFI have a huge pump and filter inside the tank that greatly reduces capacity and some current models have an even smaller tank with the same gear inside it .

That's crazy to have such a small capacity tank, I have 18L on the ninja I think but dont normally put more than 15 or 16 in

That's crazy to have such a small capacity tank, I have 18L on the ninja I think but dont normally put more than 15 or 16 in

It's a Harley , I didn't buy it to be practical . In fact I've never bought a bike to be practical .

There is only so far you can ride on a harley before vibration White arse sets in you know.

Official figures for mine are 240 which going off use I would say sounds right, I'm sure on a mission of hyper economy I could probably get close to 300 but that just dose not sound like fun, so I will never know

There is only so far you can ride on a harley before vibration White arse sets in you know.

Official figures for mine are 240 which going off use I would say sounds right, I'm sure on a mission of hyper economy I could probably get close to 300 but that just dose not sound like fun, so I will never know

Pre 2004 you would have been correct but mine is a 2004 with the rubber mounted engine . I can ride all day in complete comfort . Last year I rode from Coventry to Luss, which is on the shores of Loch Lomond , in one day . I only stopped because the road ahead was closed at Tarbert for maintenance work . Keep the Harley myths coming though . 😁👍

A hundred miles range ? I can't see what the problem is . Don't you guys ever stop for a cup of tea ? If I see somewhere interesting I stop for a wander about and a natter if there are other bikers about . Here you go .

Polish_20200404_155422998.thumb.png.318566ee77395513b00aa69425464ea0.png

Edited by fastbob

Guest Richzx6r

What's this stopping thing you talk of? Iv never done it apart from for fuel or when my knee starts giving me jip and I pull over in to a lay by for 10 minutes

[mention]fastbob[/mention]

Where do you find all the straight roads is what gets me, do you have to pick it up every time you corner or have you got a pop out spring like a self righting mechanism when say going under 20 obviously that wouldn't be safe at your top speed of 35

😂

We know you love your harley and I want one too some day, please don't take any offence at the jibes there is non intended.

@fastbob

Where do you find all the straight roads is what gets me, do you have to pick it up every time you corner or have you got a pop out spring like a self righting mechanism when say going under 20 obviously that wouldn't be safe at your top speed of 35

😂

We know you love your harley and I want one too some day, please don't take any offence at the jibes there is non intended.

Not offended at all but I wish people would make the distinction between a 1200 Roadster and some of the bigger land barge models . For me there's very little difference between my bike and a 70's Triumph Bonneville . It's just got one cylinder behind the other . Here you go this will give you a laugh . See if you can spot the hole in the road .