Can an aftermarket Exhaust (slip-on only) cause sputtering?

Troy

I’m looking to get a slip-on for my CBR. I was looking at a Scorpion or an Akrapovic.

I know the Akra is better but the price difference is huge. I’ve had a Scorpion before with no issues and I personally feel it is a good brand and it’s a lot cheaper.

Someone has recently said though that the Scorpion in his opinion, can cause sputtering... True or False?

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

I swapped the OE for a Scorpion on my bike, Ive noticed no difference apart from the way the bike looks. with the baffle out its really quite loud though. too loud for my taste.

If its a 'normal' exhaust then it will have been designed to closely match the characteristics of the original. you only get a real change when you swap the entire system. or go 'Race'.

I went for the ceramic black.

P1010060.thumb.JPG.1d92037dc67ee3ab10c9ae8d57e13456.JPG

You won't know how the bike will react until you fit it

All bikes are different most run fine and some need to be set back up again

Carbed bikes are worse when fitting aftermarket exhausts you lose a bit of back pressure which affects the fuelling more than a EFI bike