Goat's new bike now with a pic.

goat

Well it's been over a year since I sold my GS and with moving out of London I didn't bother replacing it at the time. Bloody hell ive missed getting out on a bike though so now we've moved and we have a garage I needed to sort something.

I've been selling stuff on eBay over lockdown to build a bike budget after house renovations/ repairs kept scuppering other plans.

Taken me a couple of months but I've finally got there and have bought a bike. Well actually through a twist of fate it turns out I've bought two. Not intentional but due to some circumstances that's how it's played out. Can't say I'm disappointed though 😁.

So what are they?

Well no.1 is an SV650s curvy from a forum member here. Might need a couple of jobs doing and an MOT, so looking forward to a tinker before riding. A good friend has a later SV and loves it.

No.2 is a tdm850, from a gent on another forum. He's done a lot of work to it and was going to be his keeper but a change in circumstances means he has let it go.

Sadly no pics yet. They are being transported and were meant to be here yesterday. Company picked up the sv but between there and the Tdm their van broke down and had to be recovered so delivery should now be tomorrow evening.

Can't bloody wait.

Edited by goat

The SV/Strom motor is one of the best engines ever made!

I had a TDM 850 back in 2007......they're nice bikes!

I really like the look of the tdms and they seem a very comfy place to be. Plus they sound bloody great. The sv looks to be a good fun bike. My mate has put more 1000s of miles on his and commuted on it all year round, year after year and never seemed to have any issues.

I really like the look of the tdms and they seem a very comfy place to be. Plus they sound bloody great. The sv looks to be a good fun bike. My mate has put more 1000s of miles on his and commuted on it all year round, year after year and never seemed to have any issues.

The motor in the SV is unbreakable! They'll go forever!

There's 650 Stroms out there with over 200K miles on them.......no engine work needed whatsoever.

There's 650 Stroms out there with over 200K miles on them.......no engine work needed whatsoever.

Yup that TL motor they made was fantastic and to use it for the SV1000 was genius with a few improvements although less power! Which also made them make a smaller one for the SV650

They really are bullet proof

Yup that TL motor they made was fantastic and to use it for the SV1000 was genius with a few improvements although less power! Which also made them make a smaller one for the SV650

They really are bullet proof

Nostradamus predicted that the only things that will survive Armageddon are Keith Richards and SV engines!

IMG_20200714_215453.jpg

Finally got delivered. SV on to charge as didn't want to start. Tdm sounds the nuts.

More pics tomorrow 👍

You've got so much space in there - I demand to know why it's not crammed full of bikes, tools, biking paraphernalia and more bikes.

DAMN!!

That's a tidy garage. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I've only just started, plans for proper shelving, flooring, workbench, tool boxes. Everything in its place. Can't work in a mess. Laboratory is the goal. Will be a while though.

You know what they say....a tidy garage is a sign of a deranged mind.

Goes and makes mine a mess..............

I'm off to tidy the garage more.....

Gotta admit mine needs a little tidy :oops:

Waste of time at the min though as I will only move stuff again when my new roller garage door comes! So I will wait and have a better tidy :lol: :lol:

IMG_20200714_215453.jpg

Finally got delivered. SV on to charge as didn't want to start. Tdm sounds the nuts.

More pics tomorrow 👍

You've got so much space in there - I demand to know why it's not crammed full of bikes, tools, biking paraphernalia and more bikes.

Working on it believe me!

Goes and makes mine a mess..............

I'm off to tidy the garage more.....

Waste of time at the min though as I will only move stuff again when my new roller garage door comes! So I will wait and have a better tidy :lol: :lol:

Jealous! I'd love a roller garage door.

DAMN!!

I've only just started, plans for proper shelving, flooring, workbench, tool boxes. Everything in its place. Can't work in a mess. Laboratory is the goal. Will be a while though.

Laboratory... what you planning on doing in there ?

DAMN!!

Laboratory... what you planning on doing in there ?

See i told you he's not fekking human, no human has a a laboratory in a garage :shock:

Jealous! I'd love a roller garage door.

Get one then! :scratch:

I had some Hormann doors fitted, they're really not that expensive.

The cost is more than outweighed by not having to suffer the indignity of hauling open a scabby old up-and-over. :thumb: