Definitely Motorcycle friendly

manxie49

Inverness council (the only one as far as I know) have something similar in the city carpark.

A dedicated parking spaces for motorbikes and cycles with some lockers, unfortunately cyclists take over the lockers and the few times I went there they were all in use or broken. :scratch:

But still a good initiative.

Closest I've found is Bath Southgate Car Park, which included chunky ground anchors in the spaces. Rubbish photo but you can just about see them here, the red rings by the back wheel.

One of the other (soon to be demolished) car parks had railings you were free to chain your bike to, although in that case whilst great that your chain and padlock would be held off the ground they could have been angle ground through easily enough... but still better than nothing.

eXJlbISiQu28kMbIWazzGg.thumb.jpg.37289b46cae054016f7a5870cc9b04c5.jpg

Portugal was the first EU country to make mandatory that all crash barriers are fitted with lower flat band closing the gap between the top barrier and the ground to prevent bikers being amputated if hitting the vertical pilar.

For a few years there was a campaign promoted by several biker clubs to fit tyres around the metal columns in the crash barriers for that effect.

Stockport has few claims to greatness but one thing in it's favour: the NCP at the station has motorcycle parking on the ground floor, with ground anchors. 4 spaces if memory serves Not sure if they do lockers, not even for cyclists, somewhere to leave your gloves and helmet would be great

And it's free, the attendant told me, despite the signage saying motorcyclists had to pay

Dedicated motorbike parking spaces in Cheltenham and Cirencester have really good sunken ground anchor points. Or at least some of them do. In the UK I suspect lockers like that would be a target for lowlifes looking to help themselves.😠

Well they are obviously not in Coventry because nobody has drawn a cock on them . If they were , they would have probably have been requesitioned by homeless people to store their megre possessions .