keeway 125 problem

keeway2018

hey me again, wanted to run the ongoing saga past you lot before i bite the bullet and lilely pay a huge garage bill!!..

so bike starts runs and rides for 10 15 minutes then the it gradually loses all throttle powel untill it stops then stalls, will start again imediately but cannot generate any accelaration power..so far in a process of elimination i have-

replaced the spark plug

renewed all the clutch plates

bled the front break caliper(seperate issue middle pot wasnt working/releasing).

the bike is injection so no carberetta, its been suggested the buke could be running to rich or lean , or the lambda sensor is faulty, given the bike is only worth around £1000 trying to be sensible with repair costs or options

Get a cheapo replacement coil off eBay and try that . Just a hunch , but if a bike conks out after 15 minutes it's quite likely to be the coil . EDIT ..... I've had a look and they want silly money for a Superlight coil but other Keeway coils are dirt cheap . A coil on a Chinese 125 is just a coil as far as I can see .

When it cuts out you could remove the spark plug and check for spark. If there's no spark you know that's the problem. If there is spark it's a fuel problem. To me a gradual loss of power, then restarts straight away but down on power sounds like a lack of fuel. If you've ever run a tank dry you know the feeling of the power gradually dying as the fuel runs out. You have to give it more and more throttle to keep it running. If you stop the bike can't idle and cuts out. Dying because of loosing spark is a bit more of a sudden thing rather than gradual. That would be my experience anyway. You should check if you've got spark when it cuts out and go from there.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...