Paint Stripper .

fastbob

Does anyone have any RECENT first hand experience of a Paint Stripper that actually works ? I remember the good old days when Nitromors used to make paint wrinkle and fall off within seconds but now it's bloody useless , I actually used to enjoy watching it happen , it was that good . Anything still out there that works ? The more health warnings the better , I don't care if it glows in the dark and spontaneously combusts as long as it does the job .

I think those days are long gone, i think most of the good stuff is either trade or licence only, you could try make some yourself using caustic soda and wallpaper paste, might have to experiment with amounts to get the desired strength :thumb:

Buy trade or commercial grade paint stripper, the stuff they sell to the public now is not much better than water. You can buy trade/commercial stuff online or decorating suppliers.

Any particular brands ?

Buy trade or commercial grade paint stripper, the stuff they sell to the public now is not much better than water. You can buy trade/commercial stuff online or decorating suppliers.

Any particular brands ?

Sorry the lot I have now is in a large jam jar filled out of a large can by a painter who was doing work on a house for me a few years ago. He was bemoaning how crap the paint strippers were to and he brought his from decorating supplies company.

Be very weary of paint stripper.

Your part needs to be extra clean afterwards and I mean really really clean.

Paint stripper have contaminants that don't go well with automotive paint (Not sure what you will be using it for)

A torch and a scraper works far better unless is plastic or some temperature sensitive material.

Grit 80 sanding disks on a small grinder or detail sander works far better and with little effort.

Be very weary of paint stripper.

Your part needs to be extra clean afterwards and I mean really really clean.

Paint stripper have contaminants that don't go well with automotive paint (Not sure what you will be using it for)

A torch and a scraper works far better unless is plastic or some temperature sensitive material.

Grit 80 sanding disks on a small grinder or detail sander works far better and with little effort.

I was going to use it to prepare my ER5 crankcase , among other bits , for VHT paint .

My family used to run a metal cleaning business so anything like that I'd take down and drop into one of the tanks. The stripping was easy, getting the chemicals out of the part afterwards was the hard bit. Particularly anything alloy.

Would a needle gun work?