Quad lock mount be aware!!

Bikedud

Hi all

I am not sure if this subject been covered here but thought to make bikers aware.

This is not just my experience but a lot out there who had the same problem and stoped using this product.

Basically this mount transferred the vibration off the handle bars and that can ruin your phone .

I have used it with my I phone 11 and it’s seems to damage the camera on the phone . Something to do with image stabiliser.

Luckily phone is still under warranty and thanks to apple sorted it out .

At the time quadlock knew about it but kept selling this product.

After lots of complaints from bikers Now they are aware of this and they came up with a “fix”vibration damper which is an extra item for you to purchase .

Today I have e mailed quad lock and happy to share the shocking solution they offered me .

Basically they are aware of it now and advise me not use the mount without the new vibration damper which they will happy to SELL me at a discount price 😱can you believe that ??

Here is copy of e mails :

Damage to my I phone 11 due to vibrations.

I am sure you are already aware off this issue.

Would like to return for a full refund as I cannot use this mount !!!!

Regards

Quadlock reply

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We're sorry to hear about the damage to your phone, whilst damage to smartphones from mounting them on motorbikes is not a common problem, we have had a small number of customers report issues with the vibrations from their engine affecting their camera's stabilization.

Whilst this problem is not unique to Quad Lock and is affecting other mounting systems also, we are taking this issue very seriously.

After extensive research and testing, we have developed our Vibration Dampener which can be attached to any existing Quad Lock motorcycle mount. This significantly reduces the high-frequency vibrations from some bikes that affect the image stabilization mechanisms in cameras.

If your phone is under warranty the manufacturer may be able to repair the camera module under warranty. If you do get the camera repaired, we do not recommend mounting the phone on your motorbike without our dampening solution affixed as the same issue will likely occur.

To help with this, I’ve arranged a 1-off code for a 30% discount from the Vibration Dampener. This discount code cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts.

My reply

Hi Gabriel

Thank you for the reply

I am quite shocked that you expect me to pay extra for the vibration Damper !!

This problem is not few as you mentioned so please don’t take me as a fool!

At the the time we have purchased 2 units one for myself and my son .

I don’t mind to try to solve the issue with the dampers but it’s absolutely disgusting that you expect us to pay more money to solve a problem with your product!!

Please let me know if you accept a return for full refund or not .

Regards

So far of course no reply 😤

Now price of this quadlock mount and case is £62.90 for the I phone 11 plus you now will need to purchase the vibration dumper at £15.95 They do offer 10% discount code when yiu go on the website so total will be around £71

Please spend your money on something else !

I've been aware of this for some time, and it seems that SP Connect now have problems with their vibration dampener too. Anyway, it's clearly unreasonable (IMO, anyway) to expect Quadlock to provide the new gizmo free to all users as they'd probably go bust. I bought one last week, and it arrived today... £16 (less their standard discount of 10%) isn't going to break the bank.

Edited by learningtofly

I don't think that's too bad an offer, they obviously didn't set out to make somewhat would kill phones, presumably it is not an issue across all bikes and all phones, I would think strapping any consumer electronic device to a motorbike comes with some degree of risk.

£16 not going to break the bank not £50 but that’s not the point .

If an item on your motorcycle gone and the bike still under warranty regardless how much it costs the garage will fix it and not ask you to pay for it.

I have bought mine in May 2020 quadlock were aware of this problem few good months before that ,and yet kept selling this item .

Now that’s wrong that’s and pure ripp off !

Now quadlock can’t afford to put it right then shouldn’t bring such item on the market in the first place .

£16 not going to break the bank not £50 but that’s not the point .

If an item on your motorcycle gone and the bike still under warranty regardless how much it costs the garage will fix it and not ask you to pay for it.

I have bought mine in May 2020 quadlock were aware of this problem few good months before that ,and yet kept selling this item .

Now that’s wrong that’s and pure ripp off !

Now quadlock can’t afford to put it right then shouldn’t bring such item on the market in the first place .

It's really not worth getting in a rage over - just get the dampener and move on. (Or don't, and don't mount your phone on the bike - just use it in your pocket without the visual aid.)

You can insist on returning the product as not fit for purpose for a refund. Otherwise I think the ball is in your court slightly on this one.

You haven't suffered any loss on the phone as Apple have repaired under warranty.

Full disclosure, I paid for the vibration dampener out of my own pocket, but then I guess I drank the kool aid on this product as I'm quite smitten with it.

You can insist on returning the product as not fit for purpose for a refund. Otherwise I think the ball is in your court slightly on this one.

You haven't suffered any loss on the phone as Apple have repaired under warranty.

Full disclosure, I paid for the vibration dampener out of my own pocket, but then I guess I drank the kool aid on this product as I'm quite smitten with it.

Latest :This morning I have insisted of returning the products(mine and my son) as not fit for purpose for a full refund.

And ho presto been offered two dampeners free of charge which I have accepted.WTF

It's it just I phone 11?

Sounds to me like something every one should be aware of, vibrations on boats motoring, planes cars/ trucks.

Is it the phone or the mount that's not fit for service?

Edited by onesea

Latest :This morning I have insisted of returning the products(mine and my son) as not fit for purpose for a full refund.

And ho presto been offered two dampeners free of charge which I have accepted.WTF

Well that's reasonable - the buyer is in a position of power due to our consumer rights and they don't want to lose too much so they'll take a small hit instead.