Track Day Discussion

chris128

So, couple of weeks until my first track day (june 3rd (or 4th?) at Oulton Park Novice Only day, followed by a day at RAF Benson on the airfield on July 15th :) New front tyre last week which has been scrubbed in but getting a little nervous to be honest :P

Re benson its not a full out track day .... the surface is a live runway with markings and lights on the course and in some respects a standard road is smoother and easier ro ride but you get to open the bike out alot more on runway

Its a riding skills day but there are lots who will use it like a trackday ....

But enjoy it and don't be shy to ask the instructors for help.

Just booked myself in to test ride the new suzuki up at alston cafe. Wish more brands would do this as you test something from the city centre for 1 hr and you are just getting to the good roads before you need to turn back!

There is a small chance the honda will become track only of i can fit another bike into the stable :shock:

• 5 weeks later...

Weather was perfect on thurs. More and more confident with the track and bike. Took on board what I was told at the james whitham day and was able to push my boundaries to that next level.

IMG_20170812_100619_189.jpg

Nice! You need to pull the plug off your headlight next time. :thumb:

Weather was perfect on thurs. More and more confident with the track and bike. Took on board what I was told at the james whitham day and was able to push my boundaries to that next level.

I need a track bike! Had a bit of a moment with cold tyres and ended up sat on the tank at one point :shock:

Every time i take the blade i end up saying how good the day was but i cant risk taking this again... then i book another.

Once the daily bike is sold i will habe space to fill :popcorn:

I need a track bike! Had a bit of a moment with cold tyres and ended up sat on the tank at one point :shock:

Every time i take the blade i end up saying how good the day was but i cant risk taking this again... then i book another.

I thought the blade was the track bike :popcorn:

That's exactly why I got mine - couldn't stand the thought of throwing my zx6r up the track!

Track bikes can be really cheap - the ZXR was £750ish. Then I bought new tyres, warmers, generator, chain&sprockets, levers, tasty shock, professional suspension set up, etc, etc...

It's worth it though because I give it way more beans than I'd give the zx6r. :-)

Had a great day at Donnington, I was a bit surprised how many bikes turned up on trailers considering it was a road bike only day. Anyway Some friendly chaps there & I took on-board the advice about lowering my tyre pressures & not pushing it on the first lap. During the day four bikes got binned & 1 needed the ambo so I was just happy to get round in one piece !

20170821_140615.thumb.jpg.9f62923f1d5759f0e54bc8a3ec34efbc.jpg

And the other thing that made me chuckle was during the briefing loud pipes got mentioned several times & while we were being told you could be black flagged for it as they had to watch the noise a plane came over & I could hear the square root of feck all 😅

• 2 months later...