Rossi's Return

madcow87

So I guess most that are interested will have already been following this closely. But as of dinner time today Rossi's confirmed he'll be attempting to race this weekend at Aragon. 22 days after his leg break and he's hoping to be cleared by officials, fit to race.

We'll see, but truthfully I think its a mistake, realistically speaking Dovi, Marquez and Vinales need to pick up a couple of DNFs in the next few races with Rossi winning them to bring him back into contention and I can't see it happening.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2017/september/motogp-official-rossi-to-attempt-to-ride-in-aragon/

The championship doesn't matter, he's a motorcycle racer. He'll just want to get back onto the bike and do what he enjoys doing most. Racing. His fans (myself included) will love him for it naturally. Ultimately, he has nothing to prove anymore with a record like his. He's already a legend, he's broken numerous records and is up there with with Ago. He has his haters but frankly the man has raced at the highest level for more than 20 years and is still up there. So f**k them.

I agree he's got nothing to prove. He does just love racing and I appreciate that. I'm a fan too but I'm a fan of Marquez, of Lorenzo, of Dovi, all of them. For me Rossi making the decision to get back for Aragon is reckless and says he really wants to fight for the championship. I don't understand how after all he's done, he thinks that returning so soon after a serious leg break is a good idea.

I appreciate he wants to get back on and get racing but why rush such an injury. He stands a good chance of making matters a whole S*** ton worse if he comes off and damages that leg whilst its still healing.

I agree he's got nothing to prove. He does just love racing and I appreciate that. I'm a fan too but I'm a fan of Marquez, of Lorenzo, of Dovi, all of them. For me Rossi making the decision to get back for Aragon is reckless and says he really wants to fight for the championship. I don't understand how after all he's done, he thinks that returning so soon after a serious leg break is a good idea.

I appreciate he wants to get back on and get racing but why rush such an injury. He stands a good chance of making matters a whole S*** ton worse if he comes off and damages that leg whilst its still healing.

When the only thing in your life is racing then when you're not doing it, you are looking at how you can. Bike racers have almost always ridden with injuries. Trust me, Rossi will return with the best medical advice (and analgesics) that money can pay for. It's his choice after all. To paraphrase Guy Martin, no one holds a gun to the head of a motorcycle racer, they know the risks. If Rossi is willing to accept the risk then it'll all land in his lap if it is the wrong decision. Let's see what happens at Aragon.

When the only thing in your life is racing then when you're not doing it, you are looking at how you can. Bike racers have almost always ridden with injuries. Trust me, Rossi will return with the best medical advice (and analgesics) that money can pay for. It's his choice after all. To paraphrase Guy Martin, no one holds a gun to the head of a motorcycle racer, they know the risks. If Rossi is willing to accept the risk then it'll all land in his lap if it is the wrong decision. Let's see what happens at Aragon.

I agree its his choice entirely and he's not going to do it if he doesn't believe he can physically cope and he's aware of the risks. But I question if he has considered if the risk is worth it?

So he goes back knowing he COULD come off and re-break the leg, depending on the seriousness, potentially ending his career. What did he risk that for? The only thing IMO that's worth that risk is the belief that he can win the championship.

I do get it that as a racer that's all he's interested in, but he's a winner, a champion. He's also a clever guy with years of experience. If anyone on that grid was going to say "No, i'll heal up, I'll come back next year and make a real go of it." then I would bet my house it would be Rossi. If he's decided he wants a go, I've gotta say I'm thinking that he believes he can get back into the championship.

But as you say, we'll see what happens this weekend. Well you will, I'm at my sister's wedding the inconsiderate cow! :lol:

I think it's a dick move after poor little van der Mark got his hopes up to ride a motogp bike.

Imagine going on sick leave and having somebody else jump into your seat to do your job. Surely you'd want to get that seat back once you returned?

I think it's a dick move after poor little van der Mark got his hopes up to ride a motogp bike.

Imagine going on sick leave and having somebody else jump into your seat to do your job. Surely you'd want to get that seat back once you returned?

Yeah but my job sucks so I'd let the other guy do my horrific work and chill out for a few weeks. I might not even go back.

Yeah but my job sucks so I'd let the other guy do my horrific work and chill out for a few weeks. I might not even go back.

Yeah, I can appreciate that :D