IOM TT booking advice.

Westbeef

Booked for the Manx - Classic TT yesterday, I have to call in as they don't allow for me to book the trailer on online. Went through the normal channels all done a confirmed in minutes. This years were going as a group of maybe 8 or more camping as normal, last night the rest started to make reservations and already we're running into difficulties of us all getting on the same sailings. It's crazy when you think that for the Manx you have to pay the amount in full for a sailing that's 8 months away.

The Steam Packet (costa packet) is robbery, they fleece people coming to the island, I was away a couple of years ago, I came back on the Friday before TT, boat was heaving, paid top notch prices and there there was nowhere to sit except the floor. Classic TT is getting busier every year so people are having to book months ahead to ensure they can get on the boat. Hope you have a good time when you eventually get here anyway, fingers crossed the weather is fine. Oh nearly forgot, don't buy your beer from the kiosks or street vendors that pop up at that time of year, you get ripped of, go to Shoprite, you'll pay a third of the price!

Ive been going since the early 70's, back in the day there was no roll on and off ferries I've seem many pride and joy's craned onto boats it was a bit like a the Normandy evacuations anything that floats did the job. Now that most of Douglas's B&B's have long gone, my gut feeling now is that the IOM government use the ferry company to regulate the amount of people and traffic hitting the Island they can't cope like they use to.

• 2 weeks later...

Something I'd not even thought about as I've been absoarded in getting there - but as far as watching the racing are most of the areas free? Is there anywhere I'll need tickets for that aren't obvious? (grandstands etc)

Something I'd not even thought about as I've been absoarded in getting there - but as far as watching the racing are most of the areas free? Is there anywhere I'll need tickets for that aren't obvious? (grandstands etc)

you pay for grandstand and fan zone areas which imo are shite any way, ride round the course pick a spot park up and enjoy, I would recommend the gooseneck & quarter bridge as starter points to some one going for the 1st time

Thanks goody, that was my plan. I want to watch a bit from the view in my signature too :D

that's easy,park at cronk ashen farm (toilets ,tea, coffee ect) then walk down the field, simples

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

seems theres going to be a new bar area in nobles park this yr going from what ive read im 50/50 on it but would be rude not to call in for pint

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be there once again, and marshalling at Sarah's Cottage again.

Staying at St Georges Campsite beside the Grandstand, from 31st May until 5th June.

Can't wait.

Might even take the wife's new blade if she lets me. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...