WSBK 2018 ASSEN

Discuss Moto GP, BSB, WSB and Track Days here!
Forum rules
If you are going to post in this section about live racing events can you please not announce results/info about races in topic headers and add may contain spoilers!

Just use today wsbk/moto gp/bsb etc
Message
Author
User avatar
AlexCrosbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:33 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha MT10
Location: Scunthorpe
Has Liked: 10 times
Been Liked: 6 times

WSBK 2018 ASSEN

#1 Post by AlexCrosbie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Got my yearly pilgrimage to Assen booked for April to watch the WSBK thrash it round the track !
Two questions :

Anyone else getting themselves out there ?

Anyone know a better route from rotterdam to Assen that doesnt involve motorways :roll:

User avatar
Stu
Site Admin
Posts: 31208
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:03 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): FJR1300
Location: hull
Has Liked: 2016 times
Been Liked: 1606 times

Re: WSBK 2018 ASSEN

#2 Post by Stu » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:17 pm

AlexCrosbie wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Anyone know a better route from rotterdam to Assen that doesnt involve motorways :roll:
I can ask a mate but I'm pretty sure they are all shit!
Don't steal!.... the government hates competition!!!

User avatar
AlexCrosbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:33 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha MT10
Location: Scunthorpe
Has Liked: 10 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Re: WSBK 2018 ASSEN

#3 Post by AlexCrosbie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Stu wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:17 pm
AlexCrosbie wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Anyone know a better route from rotterdam to Assen that doesnt involve motorways :roll:
I can ask a mate but I'm pretty sure they are all shit!
Thanks Stu !
Yeah done the journey for a bout 6 years running now and im yet to find anything / any way interesting

User avatar
Stu
Site Admin
Posts: 31208
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:03 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): FJR1300
Location: hull
Has Liked: 2016 times
Been Liked: 1606 times

Re: WSBK 2018 ASSEN

#4 Post by Stu » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:25 pm

AlexCrosbie wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:22 pm
Stu wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:17 pm
AlexCrosbie wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Anyone know a better route from rotterdam to Assen that doesnt involve motorways :roll:
I can ask a mate but I'm pretty sure they are all shit!
Thanks Stu !
Yeah done the journey for a bout 6 years running now and im yet to find anything / any way interesting
I have a mate who lives in Holland so I have asked him the question

There is also @old-timer who lives there so he may reply with something too :)
Don't steal!.... the government hates competition!!!

User avatar
Stu
Site Admin
Posts: 31208
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:03 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): FJR1300
Location: hull
Has Liked: 2016 times
Been Liked: 1606 times

Re: WSBK 2018 ASSEN

#5 Post by Stu » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:32 pm

my mates response
If you stay off motorways (A) and go on smaller roads 👎 it just takes f**k ages because of all the villages and sleeping policemen

N numbered roads are 50mph roads but up north they're all straight, bloody awful

just get there and have a beer
Don't steal!.... the government hates competition!!!

User avatar
old-timer
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): BMW F650 GS - Dakar
Location: 's-Hertogenbosch (The Netherlands)
Has Liked: 110 times
Been Liked: 234 times

Re: WSBK 2018 ASSEN

#6 Post by old-timer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:37 pm

Sorry for my late response, I've been picking up my freshly bought used motorbike, so I was more or less occupied...

I fear that Stu's mate's response says it all, really.
Though I don't quite understand his remark about sleeping police men...
Especially when there are events in Assen, one must be sure not to exceed speed limits in that area or they hunt you down with AK-40's...

But yeah, we do have lots of villages along secondary roads and only few roads are interesting to ride. Most of them are boring and straight.
Only good thing about these roads is that, unlike in the UK, they pass by these villages instead of going straight through their crowded centres.
But that hardly makes them interesting to ride.

I'm sorry that I have to say this about my own country, but it is the way it is...
When we want to ride nice exciting roads, we mostly go to Germany or Belgium ( the Ardennes that is. Flanders is just as bad as NL).

I wished I could be more positive, but Holland just happens to be flat, and small, and there are 17 million of us, packed in little villages...

I do hope that you will enjoy 'Assen' though.

Have a good trip !
One life, one love, one cylinder...

BMW F650 FUNDURO

User avatar
Stu
Site Admin
Posts: 31208
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:03 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): FJR1300
Location: hull
Has Liked: 2016 times
Been Liked: 1606 times

Re: WSBK 2018 ASSEN

#7 Post by Stu » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:53 pm

old-timer wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:37 pm
Though I don't quite understand his remark about sleeping police men...
He is originally from the UK and sleeping policeman refers to speed bumps :thumb:
Don't steal!.... the government hates competition!!!

User avatar
old-timer
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): BMW F650 GS - Dakar
Location: 's-Hertogenbosch (The Netherlands)
Has Liked: 110 times
Been Liked: 234 times

Re: WSBK 2018 ASSEN

#8 Post by old-timer » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:06 pm

Ha ha ha ... Thanks !

What was the experession again ?

"Every day a school day !" :D
One life, one love, one cylinder...

BMW F650 FUNDURO

User avatar
AlexCrosbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:33 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha MT10
Location: Scunthorpe
Has Liked: 10 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Re: WSBK 2018 ASSEN

#9 Post by AlexCrosbie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Stu wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:32 pm
my mates response
If you stay off motorways (A) and go on smaller roads 👎 it just takes f**king ages because of all the villages and sleeping policemen

N numbered roads are 50mph roads but up north they're all straight, bloody awful

just get there and have a beer
Haha well fair enough.
I will take the adivce smash up there the normal way and have more beer :cheers:

User avatar
AlexCrosbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:33 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha MT10
Location: Scunthorpe
Has Liked: 10 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Re: WSBK 2018 ASSEN

#10 Post by AlexCrosbie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:28 pm

old-timer wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:37 pm
Sorry for my late response, I've been picking up my freshly bought used motorbike, so I was more or less occupied...

I fear that Stu's mate's response says it all, really.
Though I don't quite understand his remark about sleeping police men...
Especially when there are events in Assen, one must be sure not to exceed speed limits in that area or they hunt you down with AK-40's...

But yeah, we do have lots of villages along secondary roads and only few roads are interesting to ride. Most of them are boring and straight.
Only good thing about these roads is that, unlike in the UK, they pass by these villages instead of going straight through their crowded centres.
But that hardly makes them interesting to ride.

I'm sorry that I have to say this about my own country, but it is the way it is...
When we want to ride nice exciting roads, we mostly go to Germany or Belgium ( the Ardennes that is. Flanders is just as bad as NL).

I wished I could be more positive, but Holland just happens to be flat, and small, and there are 17 million of us, packed in little villages...

I do hope that you will enjoy 'Assen' though.

Have a good trip !
Yeah i lived in hope there would be some secret biker route that was good but hey ho !

Thanks for the response appreciate it !

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests