Get into Amateur Racing?

Discuss Moto GP, BSB, WSB and Track Days here!
Forum rules
If you are going to post in this section about live racing events can you please not announce results/info about races in topic headers and add may contain spoilers!

Just use today wsbk/moto gp/bsb etc
cockercas
Bike(s): cpi suv125,CBR600 RR
Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 78 times

Re: Get into Amateur Racing?

#16 Post by cockercas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 am

Westbeef wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:00 pm
My mate did track days for a long time before he got into a racing league, I may be corrected but I think you need some good experience (quite a few track days) before you can get a race licence. Then you can start the proper racing, rather than doing track days :). That's the route he took anyway, he got into the advanced group before he joined a racing league, now he's piling all his money into keeping his bike race ready :mrgreen:. There's probably faster ways to do it, but I guess there's no rush if you're a new rider :) .
No need to do loads of trackdays.
I know lads who have only ever done 1 trackday and they run with the front pack.
My racing page 8-)
https://m.facebook.com/Addyracing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Westbeef
Fireman Sam!
Bike(s): CBR600F Sport
Has Liked: 501 times
Been Liked: 1071 times

#17 Post by Westbeef » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:41 am

cockercas wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 am
Westbeef wrote:
My mate did track days for a long time before he got into a racing league, I may be corrected but I think you need some good experience (quite a few track days) before you can get a race licence. Then you can start the proper racing, rather than doing track days :). That's the route he took anyway, he got into the advanced group before he joined a racing league, now he's piling all his money into keeping his bike race ready :mrgreen:. There's probably faster ways to do it, but I guess there's no rush if you're a new rider :) .
I know lads who have only ever done 1 trackday and they run with the front pack.
That's what I was unsure of, I didn't know if you needed track experience before doing the race licence :). That must have just been how he went for it.

cockercas
Bike(s): cpi suv125,CBR600 RR
Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 78 times

#18 Post by cockercas » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:26 pm

Westbeef wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:41 am
cockercas wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 am
Westbeef wrote:
That's what I was unsure of, I didn't know if you needed track experience before doing the race licence :). That must have just been how he went for it.
Nah just jump in and have fun.
My racing page 8-)
https://m.facebook.com/Addyracing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;