How much fuel do I need?

Pbassred

Yeah it's a nice place, been a few times now. Only other one I've done is Mallory, which was my first. It was pretty funny, very early in the year and full of club racers getting their eye in for the season. Even then during the morning briefing the instructor got his words muddled - "remember it's a test day not a track day... err no I mean track day not test! Look after the novices!". The groups were novice&inters and inters&racers haha so a broad mix of novice numpties and loonatics on tracked gixxers. Where they'd normally have a third group they were doing race licence instruction I think. Even so, after a few goes round the nerves came down and down and I don't remember being stuffed up so it can't have been that bad.

When/if things reopen I just hope I can get a slot quick enough! With MSV if possible, they're a bit quieter, not as many numbers as no limits.

Oh and thinking about petrol again, there are two stations nearby but they aren't that near. Doable between sessions but I prefer to pay the on site price and have a rest. Or go at dinner, ages of time then. Although past two times I've had me awld man come and bring us 10l and a nice sandwich :D Apparently it's not sold at a profit, they just don't sell enough to get the wholesale cost down, we'll that's what they say...

Yeah it's a nice place, been a few times now. Only other one I've done is Mallory, which was my first. It was pretty funny, very early in the year and full of club racers getting their eye in for the season. Even the during the morning briefing the instructor got his words muddled - "remember it's a test day not a track day... err no I mean track day not test! Look after the novices!". The groups were novice&inters and inters&racers haha so a broad mix of novice numpties and loonatics on tracked gixxers. Where they'd normally have a third group they were doing race licence instruction I think. Even so, after a few goes round the nerves came down and down and I don't remember being stuffed up so it can't have been that bad.

When/if things reopen I just hope I can get a slot quick enough! With MSV if possible, they're a bit quieter, not as many numbers as no limits.

Oh and thinking about petrol again, there are two stations nearby but they aren't that near. Doable between sessions but I prefer to pay the on site price and have a rest. Or go at dinner, ages of time then. Although past two times I've had me awld man come and bring us 10l and a nice sandwich :D Apparently it's not sold at a profit, they just don't sell enough to get the wholesale cost down, we'll that's what they say...

Sounds good. I can imagine nerves on the first lap or 2 being sky-high. A steady few laps with novice sounds ideal. Watched so many videos of the track I feel id know whats what but on the day who knows. Do think il try to take a van so I've got all I need with me or get the Mrs to follow in the car if it's allowed. Do they charge them a spectater fee?

No charge. Having someone else around, even to hold your handbag during a session is a nice idea though, I'm always leaving my stuff with the marshalls, which they don't seem to mind at all but it would save a bit of faff. And then you've got someone to explain your favourite overtakes and lairy moments to between sessions an' all.

No charge. Having someone else around, even to hold your handbag during a session is a nice idea though, I'm always leaving my stuff with the marshalls, which they don't seem to mind at all but it would save a bit of faff. And then you've got someone to explain your favourite overtakes and lairy moments to between sessions an' all.

haha so true

Guest Richzx6r

My wife is at all my trackdays she thinks I'm leaving her out if I do one on my own :roll: so I always have someone on hand with the paddock stand what I return from a blast

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmmm you Do realise that this thread is a year old? The course was run by the (collapsed) CSS). I was just a cornering course and they ran it on the skid pan. I rode less than 20 miles. I since sold he bike an bought a VFR. Definitely less forgiving on corners!