Track Day Discussion

chris128

OK so I've read Phil's post about track days and I have a couple of questions :)

1. If anyone has done a track day, which organiser did you go with and do you have any good/bad comments about them?

2. Is the ONLY cost involved the cost that you see on the web site, ie £99 I think it was on the NoLimits site for a track day at Cadwell?

3. Does anyone take part in any actual proper races, like a championship kind of thing and if so does anyone have any prices and recommendations for these?

Cheers :)

Chris

Guest philgale

1, i tend to use NoLimits, there shit hot. there very good at keeping things running, will only black flag if they have too and if they do they tend to cut lunch to half hour to make time up...

done 2 days with focused events, first at oulton which was shit, the guy couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery

second at cadwell which was spot on, again good at keeping things going, was a bit of a free for all that day tho. lots of people coming off

2, only cost is whats on the site, unless you hire a back protector, tyre warmers etc etc

3, no...not yet :lol:

Guest philgale

unlocked topic for questions, all spam will be removed without notice.

spam = anything not related to this thread (incase you didnt know)

Guest philgale

erm...yeah a little but its just tho money involved in racing. looking into it and i think its about 1500 per season before fuel tyres and anything else than needs changing or goes wrong.

track days are more fun i think, no pressure to put in fast times or wanting to win you just do your thing...

Sorry was that £1500 PER RACE!? Surely not... Is that hiring a race bike or something?

EDIT: Also, have you got any links to the companies that organise these races and championships etc? I cant seem to find anything on google..

Guest philgale

no 1500 per season sorry not session :lol:

just do a search, east midlands is EMRA we have a member on here who races with them, cant remember his username tho :?

A fantastic thread here phil . However the oulton park vid is very very out of date . Oulton park now has a slowing down section at the bottom of the hill nickerbrook , called Hizzies . A very tricky part of the track to get wright . ( Thanks here to Jamie Witham for teaching me how ) I did ride it as is on the video and found it to be very fast and brilliant fun . .

no 1500 per season sorry not session :lol:

just do a search, east midlands is EMRA we have a member on here who races with them, cant remember his username tho :?

I had a look at their website but it doesnt really have much information on. I'm sure my dad used to race for a fairly big organisation, like had their own calendars and brochures and all that sort of stuff that told you when each race was on etc. I just cant remember what they were called...

Have a word with MrMarv or Richie48 (richie welsh) about anything race related, i think Marv raced for EMRA and Richie for Derby Phoenix :)

Am very tired, and may be wrong though!

Guest philgale
A fantastic thread here phil . However the oulton park vid is very very out of date . Oulton park now has a slowing down section at the bottom of the hill nickerbrook , called Hizzies . A very tricky part of the track to get wright . ( Thanks here to Jamie Witham for teaching me how ) I did ride it as is on the video and found it to be very fast and brilliant fun . .

yeah i know about that one, same with the cadwell vid. i dont think the BSB use the slowing down sections coz there god status means they dont need too :lol:

cant really find a decent enough video like the BSB laps ones up. ill have a look tonight for a new one

Not that im going to actually be buying one anytime soon (if ever) but where on earth do you actually buy race bikes? I cant seem to find anything to even give me a rough idea of the price of used ones...

oh right I didnt realise you had a bike just for the track! Seen as you dont race I thought you were just doing track days on your road bike. How much are you looking for and how old is it?

What bike are you getting now for the track then :)

• 5 weeks later...

Regarding protection they say we need leathers.

Just a general query, sorry if this was mentioned and I havent seen it..

Would it be ok if I came to a track day in an armoured textile jacket, kevlar padded drag jeans (i have proper biking boots) ?

Would they allow that seeing as with that protection I am protected to a similar degree as someone in leathers.

Would they allow that seeing as with that protection I am protected to a similar degree as someone in leathers.

I dont think everyone would consider that to be as much protection as leathers. All the ones I have looked at said either full leather suit or two part leather suit that completely zips together.

Nooo but its armoured beyond what leathers are to. The textile is there to act as a huge brake when you go down, causes alot of friction and brings you to a stop fast as do the padded drag jeans.

Shoulda bought the leathers ey :lol:

Right, Will look into leathers then so I can do a track day, thanks for the help :D

Guest philgale

this is the bit i put in bold fozzie :roll:

***Please note whats in bold....A fully zipped together 2 piece, so front to front zip***

by fully zip together it means all the way round not just a few inch zip at the back

cool if anyone goes to donnington and don't mind me watching ill come down, plus i got a van if anyone nearish sheffield needs to get a track bike down i can provide free transport post or pm me

Guest philgale

plenty of 125cc bikes on track mate, some of them piss all over the 1000cc

if you get a track like mallory the 125 bikes are actually quicker if ridden properly.

anyway, its not a race out there. just good fun ride your bike and a pace your happy with a fook everyone else :lol:

im doing anglesey next tuesday if you wanna come watch, decent track to spectate at. also good run there....think it would be a little over 2 hours for you

also offering a van to get bikes there, you do realise you have to be there at about 7am? :lol:

• 4 weeks later...