tmbf failed trackday meet. cadwell 24/07/2014

cockercas

met deso at cadwell today, had a awsome day. you all missed out.

just managed to scrape through noise testing hitting 105db even though i tested it on my phone and it read 93db, useless bit of rubbish.

got a couple of cool wrist bands to show id been safety briefed, had a licence.

weather was good to, bit foggy in the morning. cars went out first so they got rid of some damp.

run on the grass 3 times :shock: two pushing abit to hard altho i recon i could of made it round the second one, had to choose between sat upright on the grass or try make the corner and risk lent over on the grass. third time i just didnt have the strength in my legs to push the bike over, had a trip on the grass and come of the track as i passed the exit. no point in trying to get my moneys worth and stacking my bike into the wall. wish i never had the dam knee op now

took of over the mountain, even got a cool pic as it happened :D

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/vtrdonk/cadwellmountin_zps24c461f1.jpg

top day, good company :cheers: , cant wait for next time.

il add more pics when i get them off the camera.

I just couldnt move my body to start shifting my weight for the right,left,right (hall bends i think).

Come round the right and just couldnt physicly comit the bike to the left.

Il see if i can get the pics up later.

Brilliant day! Couldn't have asked for better weather. We hung out with a couple of guys that we got talking to for the day which made it even better in my opinion.

Waiting for my mate to send me the pics he took and I'll them up.

Great shot cockercas

Looks like you had a good day out!

What is amazing is you got some great photos, when I went with a couple of mates to Silverstone it took me ages to used to the speed. By that I mean I had loads of photos of tarmac and no bikes!

I used to do a lot of shotgun shooting when I was younger, so aiming a camera in front of the bikes and following through after the shot felt really natural. Just like clay pigeons lol.

I managed to get the fist session recorded and I have some of the 3rd session (rear facing) which I'm sorting out.

Here 20 mins of your life you'll never get back. Red flagged too Two came off. No one hurt

">
Edited by fullscreenaging

Nice oil slick coming out of charlies on to park straight!!

when I did cadwell a few years back the instructor on the sighting lap was off like ten men :lol: no one had any chicken strips left after the two sighting laps :lol: :lol:

Session 3.

">

Although I felt I was getting quicker, so was everyone else lol

My aim of the day was build my confidence up on the corners that I feel I've lost. I wasn't the slowest out there and there were a few that definitely were not novices. I kept things within my comfort zone while I learned the track and quickly found the parts I liked and didn't like.

I didn't like Barn or Charlies and feel I never got them right all day. Also couldn't always get the approach right to gooseneck.

I also found out that I love left handers!

I felt that I was leaning more on the right's than the left's but my tyres told me otherwise. Only 3-4 mm not used on the left, but about a cm not used on the right.

I will defo be looking at going again next year. Too many bills for the remainder of this year :evil:

I also found out that I love left handers!

I felt that I was leaning more on the right's than the left's but my tyres told me otherwise. Only 3-4 mm not used on the left, but about a cm not used on the right.

Go to Rockingham then, it's a left handed track :) There's only ... 3 left handers on Cadwell?

• 1 year later...
Brilliant day! Couldn't have asked for better weather. We hung out with a couple of guys that we got talking to for the day which made it even better in my opinion.

Waiting for my mate to send me the pics he took and I'll them up.

Great shot cockercas

Just found this post to look for a pic from my first trackday.

Nearly 2 years on!!. I still see ian aswell ( the long haired guy with the ldv van)

2 years!!! Fook me time flies

Is he still in novice or does he go in other groups?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Novice mate. Or he was last time i saw him.