End of season.

cockercas

:crybaby:

i only started racing in september so i only managed 2 races.

The last race didn't go well :shock:

Booked darley moor and there last race is stars of darley.

Turned up in the dark and rain, couldn't find anywhere to set up so naturally i went and set up next to john McGuinness :booty:

Got everything ready and went to bed ready for the test day.

Woke up and peter hickman had set up next to me 8-)

Id set up in the stars bit, nobody said anything so i stayed put.

Test day went good, few small issues but i couldn't complain.

1st time riding at darley and it takes some balls, comming down the back straight towards a Chicane and i got in the brakes, got passed by about 6 bikes going into it.

Next time round round it was no brakes, knock it down from 5th to 4th and flat through it jumping the kerb at the exit :shock:

The bike felt planted, the tyre was degrading abit and would occasionally throw me in the air highsiding as it lost and gained grip, no biggy it was managable.

Race day come and went out for qualifying.

I did 1 slowish lap, come over the start/finish line to the 1st chicane, tipped right then left.

On the left id gone to close to the raised curb (its a really high kerb) and either the swingarm/peg caught it and lifted the rear tyre off the floor and i tucked the front.

I didn't get knocked out but i just remember putting my hands out thinking f**k and then sky/tarmac/sky then i remember seeing a front wheel and yellow fairing and thorght this is going to hurt/sky/tarmac/grass.

Jumped straight up and run to my bike because it was smoking.

Id gone down hard, i have case covers on but it had wore through but impact had smashed the case anyway.

End of racing for the weekend.

Knackered my leathers but McGuinness and hickman signed them for me when i got to the van :lol:

Can't wait for next year.

Oh and id borght a new bike, got a R6 for 2017 :lol:

Cheers guys.

Strangely it doesn't bother me. I'm more bothered that I've got to buy new leathers.

I suppose it's because I expect it to happen. I've not broken my body yet so I'm sure my view will change.

I got a burn on my arm where the leather went through and a leather burn on my bum :mrgreen:

I even said to myself while eating my breakfast that I could go faster through the other chicane because I won't crash :crybaby:

Girlfriend will go mad if i smash the R6 up though, I've already been warned :scratch:

Good luck for next year

As my mate always says when things go wrong......"that's racing"

It is, as daft as it sounds its part of it.

If the casing hadn't gone through i would if duct taped it up and got back out.

Its going to be a long long winter :crybaby: