Bookings open today for TT 2021

manxie49

TT 2021 DEPOSIT BOOKINGS OPEN ON MONDAY 25th MAY AT 8:30AM <strong>🏁</strong>

At this time of year we’re usually gearing up for our busiest fortnight of the season, when thousands of bike fans normally sail to the mecca of motorsport to enjoy the Isle Man TT Races. Sadly, the Island will be unusually quiet at the end of May, as the Isle of Man TT Races 2020 have been cancelled due to the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19).

In response to the event’s cancellation in March, we acted quickly and were able to provide passengers who already had fully paid bookings for TT 2020 with an automated transfer process, so that their booking could be moved to like for like sailings in 2021. We were delighted to see so many race fans take advantage of the transfer process and confirm that they will be joining us on the Isle of Man in 2021.

From Monday 25th May 2020 at 8.30am, we will be releasing the remaining spaces on our provisional sailings for TT 2021 for new deposit bookings. Deposits of £60/€72 for any vehicle type and £15/€18 for a foot passenger will be available by visiting www.steam-packet.com, or by calling 08722 992 992* (UK) or 0044 8722 992 992* (ROI & outside UK). Please note that our ports remain closed to customers, so face-to-face reservations will not be possible.

Confirmation of sailings and fares will be sent out towards the end of 2020, with final balance payments due by the end of February 2021. Any bookings which are not paid in full will be put back on sale the following month.

Additional staff will be drafted in to help handle calls, however we are expecting a very high volume of enquiries and ask for your patience as we assist other customers. If you do need to make or amend a reservation for travel outside of the TT period over the next few days, then we would advise doing so ahead of Monday’s release.

With around 70% of TT 2020 bookings transferring to TT 2021 already, many of the more popular dates to travel are already very close to being sold out. There’s still good availability across non-peak sailings, so if you don’t already have a booking secured for TT 2021, make sure you don’t miss out by booking your deposit when they go on sale on Monday 25th May 2020!

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of interest, do many go over by bike and get to ride casual around the island, obviously when racing is off etc. Never been and would love to know how most experience it etc.

thanks

Ive been going to the TT since the early eighties with a few years missed due to illness and things and used to go bike bike. Then we started hiring a big van get three bikes and all the camping gear inside and it cut the cost of the ferry crossing. Over the last 4/5 years the weather has played havoc with the schedule so hardly any free time to ride the bikes when racing wasnt on and we fancied going over for the classic tt in August. So we left the bikes at home and went over in an estate car for the classic tt instead. Personally I like the whole atmosphere of the classic it is more relaxed and a greater variety of bikes on and off the track it is like the TT from years ago. I was due to go this year but on going health issues and then the covid lock down put paid to that.

I would urge anyone to go even if its just once it is a beautiful island and the greatest race track on earth.

i certainly would agree with old codger, it is indeed a beautiful island and my first TT was 1987 and i have been going every year until five years ago and that included the manx, i will probably go in a couple of years for the manx again plus you cant beat the scenery and davisons ice cream :D

Just out of interest, do many go over by bike and get to ride casual around the island, obviously when racing is off etc. Never been and would love to know how most experience it etc.

thanks

In short, yes, roads are busy but most visitors tend to get of the beaten track and go and explore the island, when racing is on, you can still get around, use some of the smaller B roads and explore some of the countryside.

thanks

In short, yes, roads are busy but most visitors tend to get of the beaten track and go and explore the island, when racing is on, you can still get around, use some of the smaller B roads and explore some of the countryside.

Thankyou. Spoke with my partner last night and we agree coming on foot/or car or even hiring a car when there may be the best first time.

thanks

Thankyou. Spoke with my partner last night and we agree coming on foot/or car or even hiring a car when there may be the best first time.

You can hire bikes as well. The trick is with TT is to book early, you'll get a better deal and a marginally better choice of accommodation. Things book up very quickly.