tools for bargain

I'd wait a month and get a Halfords Pro one, that looks pretty shit. There isn't sufficient in that box to take a rear wheel off and the quality looks really nasty. Don't be fooled by the whole 150 pieces thing.

No it's £40 wasted when you have to ditch them all and buy decent stuff, or you have to pay a mechanic to finish all the jobs you screwed up because you weren't using decent tools.

There isn't sufficient in that box to take a rear wheel off

:offtopic: needed a new socket for the latest bike to get the rear whee out. 36mm. Cost £12 !

Its not something I would want to pay £40 quid for I'm afraid

save your money and buy decent gear to start with and you will only have to buy it once :)

Yup. Most of my life has been dedicated to buying anything cheap, but I finally gave up on cheap tools a while ago; I always ended up throwing them away and buying something decent.

There isn't sufficient in that box to take a rear wheel off

:offtopic: needed a new socket for the latest bike to get the rear whee out. 36mm. Cost £12 !

Awesome. A paperweight into the bargain.

Another vote for the halfords pro stuff from me. I've had one of their 150 piece sets for over 10 years and it's all still working just as it was when I first got it despite being used quite a lot.

Another vote for the halfords pro stuff from me. I've had one of their 150 piece sets for over 10 years and it's all still working just as it was when I first got it despite being used quite a lot.

200 piece set here, also about 10 years old, had several bits replaced under warranty no receipt, no quibble, all clearly damaged by me being a gorilla, bits they don't have in stock drop through the post a few days later.

Yup - Halfords pro stuff is excellent value for money. I take rusty old cars to bits for fun and their tools take some punishment. I once managed to split a socket and they replaced it without quibble. Buy well and buy once.

Buying cheap tools is only for rich people who can afford to throw money away.