What you guys wear to ride?

Guest -Elliot-

Guest -Elliot-

Hi all,

Just trying to gauge what clothing seems to be the norm and whether there is a more common combination of gear?

I currently use an RST textile jacket and trousers. I also have a leather trouser options. Does anyone mix leather with textiles top/bottom? I also wear high Sidi boots as I prefer the extra protection they offer

Currently wearing Oxford textile trousers and jacket which have been great through the winter so far. I also have 'K' aramid denim jeans for the warmer/drier weather. Spada all weather boots (budget boots). Oxford gloves (intermediate, but have been fine through the winter with the heated grips).

Although this is my only kit which I purchased when I started riding in March last year. I will be looking for new boots this spring with my eye on some Sidi's.

Never tried leathers so can't comment on them.

Hi all,

Just trying to gauge what clothing seems to be the norm and whether there is a more common combination of gear?

I currently use an RST textile jacket and trousers. I also have a leather trouser options. Does anyone mix leather with textiles top/bottom? I also wear high Sidi boots as I prefer the extra protection they offer

I've got revit goretex textiles which are brilliant in the current weather, 2 piece leathers and some bike jeans and jackets. I've certainly mixed textile jacket and leather jeans on dry autumn days. I normally choose on weather and the roads I'll be on so nice weather and fast roads I'll go leathers. Round town and good weather jeans. Wet or cold weather textiles.

Guest -Elliot-

Yeah, weather seems to play a big part. I may take a ride to J&S in Birmingham on Saturday morning and have a browse. Try and give myself some more options for different temperatures!!

This time of year! All textile.

I'll mix and match textiles and Kevlar jeans, or Kevlar jeans and leather jacket. Leather jacket and textile bottoms feel weird to me!

Most of my kit is Halvarssons/lindstrands/jofama as they do short sizes that fit me. Jeans are Oxford and bull it.

Caberg Duke II Helmet, BKS retro leather jacket, BKS Fury Leather Trousers, BKS Fury Short Gloves & BKS Evolution Pro Boots

I really need to buy some decent quality textile gear as the stuff I have is not all that, currently a J&S jacket & Frank Thomas trousers

Guest -Elliot-

This has given me a bit of an insight so now I know what other options are available. Are the armoured kevlar jeans up to the standard of textile gear? Or are they somewhere inbetween normal jeans and textile trousers?

Thanks

My kevlar jeans are not waterproof.....but they're great for bimbling about on sunny days..... 8-) I've got Hood ones.....there's pictures on their site of their jeans after people have had offs.....They look to stand up to slides down the tarmac pretty well..... :wink:

Shark Speed-R helmet, Knox or furygan gloves, furygan leather 2 piece, alpinestar smx boots.

Also have 3 piece rst textiles, rst waterproof boots and richa gloves for wet weather.

My kevlar jeans are not waterproof.....but they're great for bimbling about on sunny days..... 8-) I've got Hood ones.....there's pictures on their site of their jeans after people have had offs.....They look to stand up to slides down the tarmac pretty well..... :wink:

Adding to this-

I have Halvarssons jeans and yeah On Yer Bike has a pair that's been down the road at 60mph and they've held up well. But defo not waterproof and they take even longer than normal jeans to dry out if you do get caught out :lol:

RST pro adventure textile jacket and trousers , Daytona gortex boots. Shoei GT air helmet. Leather tripods era for the summer.

Summer gloves and winter gloves with waterproof liner, not gortex.

Guest -Elliot-

RST seems a popular choice, seems mid price too which is good. My RST gloves and textiles have been great. I bought them before I started my lessons in October, had apalling weather every time I got on the bike for every lesson and test, and was never cold or wet, passed test just before the snow set in. The Bell Qualifier helmet has been good after bedding it in for a few miles, I will do a full review on this in the correct forum!! :)

Schuberth C4 (with SCR bluetooth comms to link with iPhone for Sat Nav) or M1 helmet - depends on type of ride

Frank Thomas or Richa Leather jacket and Bull-it or Red Route kevlar lined jeans if dry

Rukka Nivala suit if wet or cold.

Daytona Road Star GTX wide boots if wet or longish challenging ride, Alpinestar ankle boots if dry and short ride

Rukka argosaurus gloves

I also have some old gear eg. Frank Thomas boots and Dianese waterproof coat. My old Belstaff leathers shrunk in the wardrope, as did my old Arai helmet (strange that)

You can never have too much gear.

Edited by mikestrivens

Arai,Spidi one piece leathers,Alpinestar boots,Spada summer or Dainese winter gloves,Alpinestar showerproof jacket,Alpinestar one piece rain suit on R1 or RGV.

Arai,battered leather jacket,pair of jeans for GT380

Guest -Elliot-

Getting a lot of ideas here, didn’t expect so many replies!! I also use custom ear moulds as ear plugs, they are old radio kit of mine from work, they are compatible with my bluetooth dongle too which connects to my phone for satnav directions etc. Would highly recommend custom ear moulds, great noise cancelling for longer journeys.

Hein Gericke gortex trousers and jacket, IXS gortex gloves for wet and winter riding.

Red Route armoured denim jacket and trousers, vented gloves for the summer.

IXS gortex boots which i use all year round.

Shark Skwal (LED lighting) for night time. Shark Evoline (flip front) for touring. AKG K3 for riding with my son as it has intercoms fitted.

Hi all,

Yes I mix the two, I wear a Rukka Nivala jacket and Dainese leather jeans, combination works well, don't know why but I never liked the textile trousers, never found a pair that felt like they gave the same protection as leather.

Bks 2 piece leathers.

Bks riding jeans

Spada leather pants.

Spada textile caamo pants.

Alpinestar gunner textile jacket.

Old Oxford winter textile jacket for when it's very cold.

Rst. Summer gloves (kangaroo leather)

Rst. Winter gloves.

Rst track tech boots.

Alpinestar boots.

Agv s5 helmet

BBC is17 helmet

Rst 2 piece leathers. Hein gericke textiles Tcx boots shark helmet rst gloves and if there’s chance of rain I use a gelert waterproof jacket goes under the seat, and was only £16 from sports direct but really good in a downpour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk