Lone Wolf, No Clubs Patch?

It seems to be a gang thing which ,in most part, are stupid people with nothing better to do in life but make others miserable.

I don't see any UK bike clubs making peoples lives miserable, they tend to do quite the opposite with all the charity work they get involved in :scratch:

I think we need a redwood section and this thread needs moved to it......

I could bin it? :popcorn:

Noooooo where would the fun be in that.

I do believe op has genuine concerns which are very real

It has been answered tho. On the first page :tumble:

Really really simple.

If he wants to upset the local dominant MC wear one.

If he wants to wear a full back patch. Go prospect for them.

Whether we all agree with this or not that is the reality.

I could bin it? :popcorn:

Noooooo where would the fun be in that.

I do believe op has genuine concerns which are very real

It has been answered tho. On the first page :tumble:

Really really simple.

If he wants to upset the local dominant MC wear one.

If he wants to wear a full back patch. Go prospect for them.

Whether we all agree with this or not that is the reality.

For me, it's not about agreeing or disagreeing, it's about not understanding.

Why should my choice of clothing concern anybody else, unless I'm trying to deliberately antagonise somebody by wearing it? If I choose to wear a patch from my favourite band on my jacket, that's my choice right? If I choose to wear a patch of my favourite animal charity, that's my choice right?

Is it because the Lone Wolf patches are a deliberate exclamation of not being an MC member? More than that, it's about not wanting to be, and with the implication that to be in an MC is a bad thing?

If that's the case, I can kind of understand.

So, the question that really needs to be answered [mention]Youngbiker819[/mention] is: if you want to show people that you ride and that you don't feel the need to join an MC, why not just ride your bike, wear biker gear (and biker styled gear when you're not riding), and not wear a patch of any kind? That would achieve the same, I feel.

These questions aren't rhetorical - I genuinely would like to hear the answers so I can understand better. I'm not claiming to be right.

It seems to be a gang thing which ,in most part, are stupid people with nothing better to do in life but make others miserable.

I don't see any UK bike clubs making peoples lives miserable, they tend to do quite the opposite with all the charity work they get involved in :scratch:

Its only ten years ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1090216/Jailed-total-191-years-Seven-members-biker-gang-utterly-pointless-Hells-Angel-motorway-murder.html

Its only ten years ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1090216/Jailed-total-191-years-Seven-members-biker-gang-utterly-pointless-Hells-Angel-motorway-murder.html

One murder every 10 years isn't bad 8-).

• 2 months later...

As someone who is a member of a Patched club I will tell you now not to wear it. Not only is it incredibly hypocritical to wear a back patch that associates you with other supposed "lone wolf" riders (which, by definition, then makes you part of something, and therefore NOT a lone wolf) - It's also incredibly offensive to those who have spent years working to achieve their patches. Wearing those patches is a one way ticket to getting yourself in a sticky situation where you are asked "kindly" to remove the patches. If you have any respect for MC's, MCC's or RC's you will take those patches and throw them into a bin, what you do by donning those patches is show an utter disrespect towards all those members have worked to achieve, especially as there is ACTUALLY a club out there who already hold that name.

Watch this video:

">

DibberInTheWind is a fantastic YouTuber and he also has been in clubs throughout his life. His videos on all of these subjects like SOA patches or Lone Wolf patches all make perfect sense to anyone with braincells. I saw some comment on here saying that if they give you trouble just call the police, yeah, that would do wonders for you after you get beaten the shit out of or even worse. I'm in the club life and have met people who have killed for their clubs, it's not something you want to test. Just do yourself a favour and save the prospect of you having a very bad day, you never know who you're going to meet out there, and wearing something that literally makes you a target for clubs is just not a smart thing to do.

Disclaimer: It was brought up that some of what I said here has come across as threatening, that wasn't what I meant at all to come across. I was trying to provide a warning that by donning those patches you are placing a target on your back, nothing more. I certainly don't plan on showing up on your doorstep to beat you up because you shoved some patches on your back :D :D

Edited by Yeldur

But why should anyone need to be any more respectful of someone whose wearing a patch than someone who's not?

Respect is earned not given so to the majority of humans wearing a patch on your back makes no difference whatsoever. Until you do something to earn additional respect youre just another humanbeing on a bike and command the same level of respect as any other human on a bike.

Makes no sense to me that a bunch of people think they command additional respect just for wearing badges on their backs, and all the talk about "being asked nicely to remove it" just stinks of bullyboy tactics and nobody has any respect for bullies. What if someone refused? What jurisdiction do these clubs have over non-club members?? Zero.

Maybe they think they earned respect by doing whatever little jobs their club asked them to do, and indeed within their own peer group maybe they have earned "respect", but to the rest of the world, they are just bikers.. nothing more, nothing less.

In my world you gain respect by helping people and being kind, not by bullying people into removing items of clothing, that's borderline sexual assault!

Discuss.

:popcorn:

Dear god the world is as unfortunately pathetic as presumed, I think i may wear my swimming badges, I hope the runners don't mind.

I've still got my Boy's Brigade badges from when I was a nipper.

As anyone who's ever been in "The Brigade" will tell you, they're a mean, bad-ass, mercenary bunch of sonofabitches who will kill, on sight, anyone who dares wear a badge which they have not earned.

I still remember little Timmy, he was butchered for daring to wear an activity badge he had not fully earned. It was found that he only helped two old grannies across the road rather than the requisite three. Poor Timmy - so much blood.

I really have little idea what this thread is about...

But.. its had an odd effect.. for some reason I get "The Lumberjack Song" playing on a loop in my mind.. with just a few words changed. (just a few)

I enjoyed reading this, you can relate it to the bloods and crips gang culture, green or red colours could get you shot in L.A back in the day. Human nature is odd, gang culture isn't something to mess about with, it's usually lots of people conducting illegal activities as a job and social life to make money and respect. Many different names but all similar. The mafia comes to mind.

I'm intrigued what would happen if someone wore a SoA patch completely unaware that such animosity from clubs existed? For example, a mate of mine rides a Harley and loves the look of all that stuff, but he doesn't care for groups and clubs. He would quite happily get a patch as a fashion statement.

I saw some comment on here saying that if they give you trouble just call the police, yeah, that would do wonders for you after you get beaten the shit out of or even worse. I'm in the club life and have met people who have killed for their clubs, it's not something you want to test. Just do yourself a favour and save the prospect of you having a very bad day, you never know who you're going to meet out there, and wearing something that literally makes you a target for clubs is just not a smart thing to do.

I am sure as a tough gangster you do not care, but you do realize you have just just committed a crime by threatening someone who is probably just a kid.

And over a cheap piece of mass produced embroidery, which does not even have anything to do with your club.

I can understand wearing an actual club patch or look a like, when you are not in the club is wrong. But a general patch not affiliated to anything that is just a fashion thing, what is the problem with that?

Or am I missing the point, again, in my life in bubble?

I can understand wearing an actual club patch or look a like, when you are not in the club is wrong. But a general patch not affiliated to anything that is just a fashion thing, what is the problem with that?

But isn't it just the same as people wearing football shirts for clubs they are not players for?? Even worse with some other blokes name (presumably their favourite player) written across the back!!

You don't see footballers get their knickers in a twist about people pretending to be them..

But isn't it just the same as people wearing football shirts for clubs they are not players for?? Even worse with some other blokes name (presumably their favourite player) written across the back!!

You don't see footballers get their knickers in a twist about people pretending to be them..

That’s cause football clubs earn a fortune out of it .

Personally I've never understood the logic of getting a motorcycle for the supposed freedom and individuality it can give you......and then doing everything to "belong" to some group within it. I always rejected it and did my own thing.

You see your Beemer crowd all dressing up in similar outfits, the Harley crew do something similar etc......it's everywhere! Even in the Power Ranger era, every twat had all in one leathers with a f**king hump on their back.

The difference is that dressing up like a Beemer Boy, a Harley devotee, or a WSB rider isn't going to put you at risk.

But wearing a backpatch is a totally different thing. I wouldn't recommend anybody to do it as you're going to end up attracting attention that you won't want.

Don't even attempt to understand their logic or mindset......just swerve this scenario completely.

One thing to bear in mind is that just because somebody owns a motorcycle doesn't make them a kindred spirit of yours. They just own a motorcycle.....no more and no less.