Type of security

Have a question about what clothing to buy, not sure what luggage or security would be best, looking for information on good deals available? Check out our Tried and Tested section of the forum....... still cant find an answer? Please post here!!
Slowlycatchymonkey
Bike(s): Hilts Mutt
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 39 times

Re: Type of security

#16 Post by Slowlycatchymonkey » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:34 pm

You could consider alarming your garage door if you want to go the whole way.
I don’t understand why there isn’t a lock that makes your phone alarm if broken/tampered with. It can’t be that hard, the circuits broken the phone alarms. Most of the time you’re very close to your bike and could possibly beat the living daylights out of them.... I mean scare them off and call the police....

Yeldur
Bike(s): Sinnis Stealth, Streetfighter MK1 Bandit
Has Liked: 58 times
Been Liked: 24 times

Re: Type of security

#17 Post by Yeldur » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:45 pm

vseye wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:51 am
Yeldur wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 11:42 pm
someone wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 10:50 pm
Get two disc locks, one for each wheel.

If someone really wants your bike they will get it, no method is unbeatable, so security is about putting opportunist thieves off whilst not making yourself so paranoid that you spend as long locking it up as you do riding it.

A disc lock takes ten seconds for you to put on or take off, but using two doubles the effort for a thief while still be relatively trivial for you. I have a basic small one which I put on the rear wheel, and a Xena alarmed one for the front.

I used to carry a chain around but rarely used it, so now only take it when I know I will be. In part though the value of a chain is when you have something to lock the bike too, otherwise it is just a less convenient disc lock.
I use two disk locks and a big alarmed disc lock with a chain, bike also has a sensor on it that tells people to f**k off if they go near it and a tracker attached to it as well, It's all about making it reaaaaallly hard for them to take.
I like the "tells people to F*** O** sensor, what make details please?
Hahahaha, I wish that were an actual thing because I'd buy it, it's just a standard sensor, if people go near the f**k it bleeps like mad essentially saying "F*CK OFF F*CK OFF F*CK OFF F*CK OFF"
Current Bike: Sinnis Stealth 125 + Streetfighter MK1 Bandit