New lid time

Just scored one of these for £254 with the 15% off ebay code xmas15 - dark visor thrown in too https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F382365574442

I think these are 2017 design - with the newer paint jobs these are £600 lids. Should have it in a week - I'm excited. Let's hope it fits!

Bell-Tracer-Matte-Black-Grey-2018-Race-Star-Motorcycle-Helmet-0-ac78b-XL.thumb.jpg.06bcfb0721a676b9031e581e1522c5cb.jpg

How does new lid time work then? I don’t want to miss out based on the silly notion that just because I have a perfectly good helmet I don’t need another one?!

I really don’t right now though, am still revelling in the shoei but I want to be prepared when the time comes!

How does new lid time work then? I don’t want to miss out based on the silly notion that just because I have a perfectly good helmet I don’t need another one?!

I really don’t right now though, am still revelling in the shoei but I want to be prepared when the time comes!

Fair question. I'll tell you what I tell my wife: helmets degrade and become unsafe over time - roughly 2 years or so. An unsafe helmet means if I crash I won't be able to earn money and she won't be able to spend it on vegan food and animal charities. So, roughly every 2 years, or whenever you change your bike/gear (as it must all coordinate) - whichever comes first.

Fair question. I'll tell you what I tell my wife: helmets degrade and become unsafe over time - roughly 2 years or so. An unsafe helmet means if I crash I won't be able to earn money and she won't be able to spend it on vegan food and animal charities. So, roughly every 2 years, or whenever you change your bike/gear (as it must all coordinate) - whichever comes first.

Sensible policies for a stronger Britain :thumb:

Accelerated consumerism is good for gdp!

Accelerated consumerism is good for gdp!

You could run on that, not in America though it would be too complicated :D

Just scored one of these for £254 with the 15% off ebay code xmas15 - dark visor thrown in too https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F382365574442

I think these are 2017 design - with the newer paint jobs these are £600 lids. Should have it in a week - I'm excited. Let's hope it fits!

May not be an issue for you but these are a tighter fit than makes like Shoei, for example. I bought the Bell Race Star last year. Originally i sent it back and got the next size up but found that much to too big so reverted back and just stuck with it for a month. Eventually the padding gave way.

Only annoying thing is that there is no cutouts for speakers.

Quality helmet though.

May not be an issue for you but these are a tighter fit than makes like Shoei, for example. I bought the Bell Race Star last year. Originally i sent it back and got the next size up but found that much to too big so reverted back and just stuck with it for a month. Eventually the padding gave way.

Only annoying thing is that there is no cutouts for speakers.

Quality helmet though.

Yeah I read about the lack of cutouts. I don't have a comms system at the moment but maybe one day. I'll keep my hjc which has those, plus a drop down visor! Like lingerie it seems the more you pay the less you get... At least this has eyeglass grooves (I wear them). My large hjc is a bit big so I'm hoping this large should be tighter - I read about the fit.

Edited by geofferz

Right so I'm obviously now thinking of the next new lid... Anyone know what model this is? I like the paint job. Screenshot_20181208-153240_Instagram.jpg

Are you getting an airbag jacket to go with it?

Right so I'm obviously now thinking of the next new lid... Anyone know what model this is? I like the paint job. Screenshot_20181208-153240_Instagram.jpg

That seems superfluous

That seems superfluous

Yeah don't know what made me think of that :lol:

There’s a helmet in that picture??

Snap!

Got one a few weeks ago,similar price. Snug fit,takes a while to break in (I'm between a small and medium,so had to get a small),had to use the back of a spoon to compress a couple of pressure points.

BTW,the smoked visor isn't pinlock compatible.

Snap!

Got one a few weeks ago,similar price. Snug fit,takes a while to break in (I'm between a small and medium,so had to get a small),had to use the back of a spoon to compress a couple of pressure points.

BTW,the smoked visor isn't pinlock compatible.

Ah - okay. Thanks for the heads up!

My Bell lids are the most comfortable lids I've ever owned, but they're older models......I tried some of the newer ones on at the bike show last year, but I couldn't find one that fitted as well as my lids........shame, as I like Bell lids..... :shock: