Look out YouTube, here I come

Have a question about what clothing to buy, not sure what luggage or security would be best, looking for information on good deals available? Check out our Tried and Tested section of the forum....... still cant find an answer? Please post here!!
Six30
Wannabe MOD
Bike(s): Triump Speed Triple r
Has Liked: 1338 times
Been Liked: 2380 times

Re: Look out YouTube, here I come

#91 Post by Six30 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:37 pm

i find em a bit boring , only one I've really watched a few of is Royal Jordinian , partly cause of the sound of his Husky and I suppose cause a lot of his stuff is filmed in London there's a fair bit going on around him which makes it a bit more interesting .
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

learningtofly
Bike(s): 2018 Street Triple R
Has Liked: 291 times
Been Liked: 288 times

#92 Post by learningtofly » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:36 pm

Six30 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:37 pm
i find em a bit boring , only one I've really watched a few of is Royal Jordinian , partly cause of the sound of his Husky and I suppose cause a lot of his stuff is filmed in London there's a fair bit going on around him which makes it a bit more interesting .
I think mine need to be more interesting for sure - funnily enough, my next one is likely to be riding through central London. To be honest I've found it harder than I thought to concentrate on what you're doing bike-wise whilst also trying to get some kind of stream of consciousness that makes sense and entertains a bit. Hopefully I'll get better with practice, though.

SometimesSansEngine
Bike(s): Kawasaki ER6F
Challenge Score: 30
Has Liked: 368 times
Been Liked: 587 times

#93 Post by SometimesSansEngine » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:09 pm

If you ever see interviews with people with popular shows/podcasts it's very common for them to say "I can't watch/listen to our early stuff, we were still finding our way and it's terrible". It would be unreasonable for your first attempts to be amazing.

Of course, Mike's YouTube uploads were amazing from the start, I'll give him that.

learningtofly

#94 Post by learningtofly » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:25 pm

SometimesSansEngine wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:09 pm
If you ever see interviews with people with popular shows/podcasts it's very common for them to say "I can't watch/listen to our early stuff, we were still finding our way and it's terrible". It would be unreasonable for your first attempts to be amazing.

Of course, Mike's YouTube uploads were amazing from the start, I'll give him that.
Appreciated. A bit like Gary Lineker on MOTD :thumb:

Hoggs
Bike(s): ZX-6R
Has Liked: 3095 times
Been Liked: 2459 times

#95 Post by Hoggs » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:10 pm

:stupid: This is true with most things. There's a mini roundabout on my commute I used to dread as I could barely get round it. Now I wonder how on earth I managed to get that wide on it! :lol:
NOT SIGNED UP FOR THE 2019 CHALLENGE?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! DO IT DO IT DO IT NOW viewtopic.php?f=12&t=68681

ImageStopping you having fun since 2017

learningtofly

#96 Post by learningtofly » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:21 pm

Hoggs wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:10 pm
:stupid: This is true with most things. There's a mini roundabout on my commute I used to dread as I could barely get round it. Now I wonder how on earth I managed to get that wide on it! :lol:
I was talking about this earlier, actually (how the things I dreaded on my Mod 1 are almost second nature a couple of thousand miles later). Anyway, whilst Mike's comments were unnecessarily harsh ( :shock: ) I don't dispute that I have a long way to go. However, given that I'll be recording anyway (just in case of incidents) I may as well just keep going with it :thumb:

Hoggs
Bike(s): ZX-6R
Has Liked: 3095 times
Been Liked: 2459 times

#97 Post by Hoggs » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:55 pm

Mike probably just needs a biscuit :lol:

Also the most important piece of advice is do these things for you not others. If you enjoy doing it that's awesome, if other people enjoy it that's a bonus :thumb:
NOT SIGNED UP FOR THE 2019 CHALLENGE?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! DO IT DO IT DO IT NOW viewtopic.php?f=12&t=68681

ImageStopping you having fun since 2017

learningtofly

#98 Post by learningtofly » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:14 pm

Hoggs wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:55 pm
Mike probably just needs a biscuit :lol:

Also the most important piece of advice is do these things for you not others. If you enjoy doing it that's awesome, if other people enjoy it that's a bonus :thumb:
Wise words.

learningtofly

#99 Post by learningtofly » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:21 am

Okey, the next thrilling episode is now available here :D

learningtofly

#100 Post by learningtofly » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:54 am

Okay, some nice Yoshi exhaust noises available in the usual place :thumb:

fastbob
Bike(s): gsxr1100 wp and er5
Has Liked: 2211 times
Been Liked: 1678 times

#101 Post by fastbob » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:12 am

Although I appreciate the effort and the technical expertise that goes into these kind of videos , I have be honest and say that I just can't see the point . As the title states it's a guy on a bike riding competently down some unremarkable roads while talking about it . I suppose it's because I've already seen several hundred thousand miles of this stuff . The only difference being that I was watching it live while operating a motorcycle .

geofferz
Bike(s): Yamaha mt10
Has Liked: 901 times
Been Liked: 621 times

#102 Post by geofferz » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:25 am

fastbob wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:12 am
Although I appreciate the effort and the technical expertise that goes into these kind of videos , I have be honest and say that I just can't see the point . As the title states it's a guy on a bike riding competently down some unremarkable roads while talking about it . I suppose it's because I've already seen several hundred thousand miles of this stuff . The only difference being that I was watching it live while operating a motorcycle .
The latest video is good! There's a face-palm moment then a teeth dryer, then a lol at how it made it all okay.

@learningtofly get yourself one of these mate! Disk lock reminder cable https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1832338727
Spanker of cyclists' arses

Slowlycatchymonkey
Bike(s): Hilts Mutt, r ninet
Challenge Score: 130
Has Liked: 930 times
Been Liked: 1057 times

#103 Post by Slowlycatchymonkey » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:48 am

I like them.
Bike vids without crashes are good background while doing boring jobs and LTF doesn’t have an annoying voice or awful sound quality like a lot of them. :thumb:
2018 BMW R nineT
“It’s shit. And as soon as I get home I’m going to buy one.”
That was a fellow journalist’s first impression of the BMW R nineT recently. It’s a pretty accurate summary; the R nineT is somewhat ill-mannered by modern motorcycle standards but also instantly, inarguably, infatuatingly wonderful.

learningtofly

#104 Post by learningtofly » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:05 pm

fastbob wrote:
I get that. I like doing it, though, so I'm going to keep on making them :thumb:

learningtofly

#105 Post by learningtofly » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:06 pm

geofferz wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:25 am
fastbob wrote:
The latest video is good! There's a face-palm moment then a teeth dryer, then a lol at how it made it all okay.

@learningtofly get yourself one of these mate! Disk lock reminder cable https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1832338727
I've already ordered one, Geoff. Oh, and JUST back from the TZ ride-out... more than 8 hours after setting off, so I'm cream crackered.