Rucksacks with Helmet Carriers

Have a question about what clothing to buy, not sure what luggage or security would be best, looking for information on good deals available? Check out our Tried and Tested section of the forum....... still cant find an answer? Please post here!!
NE150N80
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 5 times

Rucksacks with Helmet Carriers

Post by NE150N80 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:41 pm

Hi All

Bit of a noob here (just about to take CBT), but I thought I better try and post in the correct channel, rather than the newbie channel.

One of the many advantages of getting my full bike license is the cheaper commute, however a train journey will often be included, and I'm looking to get a decent size rucksack that has a helmet carrier (harness), and is a good size to carry my boots and laptop.

I've seen few out there on Amazon; just wondered if you guys have any recommendations at all? (or brands to stay away from!)

Thanks!

husoi
Bike(s): Honda Pam European ST1300 (08);Honda VT700c Shadow
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 565 times

Re: Rucksacks with Helmet Carriers

Post by husoi » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:56 pm

Make sure you put the helmet on its bag (usually supplied with the helmet) before you put it in the rucksack.
That will prevent accidental scratches to the helmet or the visor.
I would go for a waterproof one just to be on the safe side.

Have a look at sportbikeshop via the link in the forum so it helps @Stu and the forum :thumb:
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... ,3203,1186
All my food only eat vegetables. So, I'm an indirect vegetarian :cool:

All problems have a solution.
You just need to figure it out :)

gymwitch
Bike(s): Honda cbr 125 & Honda CBR400 RR NC23
Has liked: 741 times
Been liked: 425 times

Post by gymwitch » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:57 pm

Screenshot_20200924-155641_Facebook.jpg
Ive got one of these. Its ace. Got mine off amazon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm fat but identify as skinny...i'm trans-slender :D

onesea
Bike(s): TDM 900/ Triumph Trophy 1200
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 509 times

Post by onesea » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:22 pm

Hi Welcome
I would say large top box leave boots and lid on bike.... You can use it to carry your shoes and laptop when riding.

I am not keen on carrying my helmet they are always getting knocked. So much so if I got to supermarket on bike I take a shopping trolley to put my lid in! A rucksack would take a fair beating as well if surrounded by commuters...
A survey showed profiles with a location are 80% more likely to get a response :thumb:
To add location on phone or desktop browser:
1) Click your profile name (this brings up Popup), 2) Tap User control Panel, 3) Tap the Profile Tab Scroll down to: Location
Or click this link: https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/ucp.php ... ofile_info

NE150N80

Post by NE150N80 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:18 pm

Hey Onesea - thanks. That’s a fair point! My only concern about top boxes were how secure they are - some people have said that they take little more than 2 mins with a screwdriver.

I have no point of reference, but am happy to here recommendations for top boxes too!! What are the better brands to look at?

Bender
Has liked: 2153 times
Been liked: 2497 times

Post by Bender » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:29 pm

Bite my shiny metal ass..

onesea
Bike(s): TDM 900/ Triumph Trophy 1200
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 509 times

Post by onesea » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:30 am

NE150N80 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:18 pm
Hey Onesea - thanks. That’s a fair point! My only concern about top boxes were how secure they are - some people have said that they take little more than 2 mins with a screwdriver.
Mine would probably take less than that. Then I have always use my old lid for commuting, or a cheap lid.

Plus if they take my lid and don't damage the bike I will be happy.

IMHO they are more likely to take the bike. Second hand helmets have little value...
A survey showed profiles with a location are 80% more likely to get a response :thumb:
To add location on phone or desktop browser:
1) Click your profile name (this brings up Popup), 2) Tap User control Panel, 3) Tap the Profile Tab Scroll down to: Location
Or click this link: https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/ucp.php ... ofile_info

NE150N80

Post by NE150N80 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:27 am

Also another very valid point... I guess they're more likely to spend time trying stealing the bike than opening a box for a helmet...!

I'm learning :oops: :)

daveinlim
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by daveinlim » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:51 am

I ride to work and park on the street near my office.
I have a normal back pack (contains lunch, laptop, football kit when needed) I got from sport direct for my commute that I leave in my top box whilst riding.
If it's cold or wet I keep my helmet on for the short walk to the office. The security guys are used to me walking in with it on now. Once inside I put the helmet in the drawstring bag it came with.

For summer the lid comes off asap once parked and hand carried to the office. I've left it in the top box on several occasions in office or always at football as it's a relatively secure and dry place to keep it.

Return to “Clothing, Luggage, Accessories and Security”