Winter gloves

I also bought some silk motorcycle gloove liners for use under my winter glooves, hsvdnt tried them yet but heard they mske a difference.

Yup, having some inner gloves really do make a difference, it's getting cold at nights now, the past few weekends when I've been riding home at night, I have started to feel the chills from the temperature dropping at night.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using the Dainese Tempest D-Dry gloves for the last couple of weeks. Early mornings and late nights riding to work and home meant that the gloves I have wasn't up to the colder temps and the rain.

So I got myself a pair of these and the feel like a pair of ski gloves in the padding around the fingers, but still with plenty of bend in them.

Kept the rain off my hands, even though they are a shorter glove the elasticated securing strap works well.

Clicky Link

Fish

I've been using the Dainese Tempest D-Dry gloves for the last couple of weeks. Early mornings and late nights riding to work and home meant that the gloves I have wasn't up to the colder temps and the rain.

So I got myself a pair of these and the feel like a pair of ski gloves in the padding around the fingers, but still with plenty of bend in them.

Kept the rain off my hands, even though they are a shorter glove the elasticated securing strap works well.

Clicky Link

Fish

Thanks. I will bare those in mind for the future. I still wonder how good battery heated gloves are. Not the ones from maplin though. I think we established that these should be off the market!

I also bought some silk motorcycle gloove liners for use under my winter glooves, hsvdnt tried them yet but heard they mske a difference.

The other bonus with silk under gloves is they stop the problem of putting your gloves on damp / sweaty hands :thumb:

The other bonus with silk under gloves is they stop the problem of putting your gloves on damp / sweaty hands :thumb:

Yep, just make sure you don't get them caught on any velcro on your gloves :crybaby:

I went for a short ride (about 30 miles round local lanes) with a mate last week. He was complaining that his new winter gloves were useless - he had just bought a pair of IXS Artic gloves. My winter gloves are exactly the same and my hands were toasty warm. So I reckon what works for one person doesn't for another.

My gloves were bought last year, his last week, but they look identical.

I went for a short ride (about 30 miles round local lanes) with a mate last week. He was complaining that his new winter gloves were useless - he had just bought a pair of IXS Artic gloves. My winter gloves are exactly the same and my hands were toasty warm. So I reckon what works for one person doesn't for another.

My gloves were bought last year, his last week, but they look identical.

Also depends on your circulation and body temperature some people feel the cold more than others :thumb:

The other day I've come across these ones.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000299376803.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.65712de7syihcR&algo_pvid=5819557a-5594-4b61-9810-052c1796155c&algo_expid=5819557a-5594-4b61-9810-052c1796155c-0&btsid=0b0a0ae216031823857415545e03f6&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

They are some of the most expensive at just over £67 while you can get a lot cheaper at around £10 but this is one of the situations where you get what you're paying for.

What I found is the more expensive have a larger battery.

Wow that's a lot cheaper than the hundreds of pounds that some of them are I have seen on amazon, etc.

Shipping time is long though

Just found out that in those gloves I mentioned you can get spare batteries for £35(ish) so it will give you a bit more riding time.

If you're good with soldering and electronics an upgrade on the batteries is also an option.

I've gone for a pair of Knox zero 3 MK2. They just arrived so I've not worn them out yet but will do later in the week.

Initial impression is quite good. They are much thicker than my Five brand winter gloves but may be more clunky. However it should be ok once they break in.

You can get them sooner if you're willing to pay for express delivery.

Personally I just sit and wait ;)

I couldn't see any option for express delivery :crybaby: not sure what I missed.

I've gone for a pair of Knox zero 3 MK2. They just arrived so I've not worn them out yet but will do later in the week.

Initial impression is quite good. They are much thicker than my Five brand winter gloves but may be more clunky. However it should be ok once they break in.

Wow nice gloves, but pricey, I wonder how they compare to the lesser priced gloves?

Other similar places you can find them are:

www.bangood.com

www.dhgate.com

www.aliexpress.com

www.gearbest.com

Personally I prefer Aliexpress and Dhgate as they are the best quality even if a bit more expensive.

All 4 sites work in similar way, you pay the site, they ship the items, you receive them weeks later, you try the items and if you're happy you set the item as received so the money is released to the seller.

I never had a problem that the seller wasn't quick to solve as they value a lot the 5 star feedback.

If the seller doesn't reply adequately the site will refund as they want happy costumers. :thumb:

Note, I don't have a commission :angel12:

You can get them sooner if you're willing to pay for express delivery.

Personally I just sit and wait ;)

I couldn't see any option for express delivery :crybaby: not sure what I missed.

Wow nice gloves, but pricey, I wonder how they compare to the lesser priced gloves?

I've used alpinestars and five gloves before the Knox ones.

Last winter I used five wfx skin WP gloves. They are warm enough down to about 10C or so for up to an hour commute. After that your hands are cold. They are fairly well protected with hard armour including scaphoid sliders. They are nice and light and not at all bulky. I think they sell for £75. The Knox zero 3 are much thicker and warmer. They don't feel heavy bit they are thicker so they don't feel as number as the five ones. They feel safer than my old gloves too. However I'm not sure if they are a little small. Ally other gloves are large. These may have needed a size up. I'll do a review of them after a few winter commutes

Clicky Link

Fish

Thanks. I will bare those in mind for the future. I still wonder how good battery heated gloves are. Not the ones from maplin though. I think we established that these should be off the market!

I have a pair of battery powered RST heated gloves, got them cheaply on ebay as sportsbikeshop were selling customer returns.

They are quite good, they heat the back of the hand, so work best with heated grips heating your palms. Last a couple of hours on the warm setting.

Supposedly waterproof but as usual with these things, they are at best water resistant.