Has anyone tried these?

http://www.helitemoto.com/

I came across them because of a YouTube video, the guy reckoned he'd avoided injury because of his airbag jacket.

They seem like a good idea, deploying if you come off and protecting your spine and internal organs. Though you pay a pretty hefty fee of course.

I know the importer and I have seen the demonstrations up close and personal. It really is a fantastic piece of kit and one that actually lives up to its claims.

They have been doing the rounds of presentations at group and club meetings so if you belong to any such group and they are there, worth having a look at as they do a variety of colours as well.

The real benefit though is that unlike some, if discharged the jacket can be used again and it cannot be discharged by accident.

They offer quite a substantial discount for group buys. Just a thought. Average price is around £450 if memory serves, so about the same as a decent leather.

£450, that's not bad. And the ability to buy replacement cartridges is definitely a big plus.

Sorry, I was wrong, the vests are around that price. The full jacket is over a £100 more

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=helite+airbag+vest&tag=mh0a9-21&index=aps&hvadid=8861331216&hvqmt=b&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_89eu67q2uo_b

The one shown here is £650

http://www.airvest.co.uk/shop/item/3-helite-touring-jacket/

But still a quality jacket and potential live saver despite the price

• 2 weeks later...

Had mine 2 years now I think, paid £160 from ebay from a Peugeot dealorship in Poole. Brand new but has Peugeot Scooters stamped on the back and front :? It's just the vest rather than the entire jacket.

Never accidentally inflated it even though I've tugged on it quite hard. Never fallen off so can't say if it works :roll:

It's very well made would pay full price for a new one, everyone that has seen it has said how impressive it is and what a good idea. AFter threatening to pull the cord :thumb:

it cannot be discharged by accident.

I know somebody that has, but then he is a [strikeout]bit[/strikeout] lot accident prone, I also know someone who's had an off while wearing one and he reckons that it worked really well in action.

That gas cartridge is going to take out a whole number of ribs if you go down face first.

There is heavy padding behind it, similar to the knox back protector that is integrated into the back of the vest. The front will be inflated hopefully before you hit the ground.

That gas cartridge is going to take out a whole number of ribs if you go down face first.

The front will be inflated...hopefully

From the last time I spent an extended stay in hospital because of the things I had in my leather, I hope you're correct.