Intercom / Telephone/ Bluetooth....

OK my partner now goes Pillion quite happily my Lidl best intercom with plug between the 2 helmet works....

Unless your doing over 40 mph you are both listening to the same music and you cannot talk over it.... Plus you have to unplug and plug in every time you get on the bike.

None of this is difficult but is there a set out there that....

1) Reduces coms problems due to wind etc

2) Uses FM Bluetooth or what ever so we can talk when when not connected by wire,

3) Allows music to be played (bluetooth/ phone satnav) and us to talk over it (or has vox operation),

4) Allows greater control over phone than music start/ stop and last number dialed,

5) Allows intercommunication between other intercom systems (friends etc)

6) Has FM Radio for listening,

These are probably in order of priority for us any suggestions?

If it cannot achieve 3/4 out of the 6 above we maybe better of with the £20 Lidel option.

I have a scala rider Q3 which does pretty much most of that!

Although number 4 is pretty limited with all systems and number 5 is usually if you have the same system too

We have a pair of the Q3's too. Works a treat. I especially like the adaptive volume. It lowered the volume when there is less "outside" noise. I was surprised with how good the FM signal was too.

Although number 4 is pretty limited with all systems and number 5 is usually if you have the same system too

For number 4 - Use the Phone's voice commands to do stuff.. "Ok Google, navigate to.... " etc

for 5 - the Sena 20s has "Universal Intercom" that's supposed to work with other brands of intercom. no idea how good that is though.

For number 4 - Use the Phone's voice commands to do stuff.. "Ok Google, navigate to.... " etc

No thanks

I have a Garmin zumo 590 that does everything I need! Sat nav, phone controls and music :lol: :lol:

for 5 - the Sena 20s has "Universal Intercom" that's supposed to work with other brands of intercom. no idea how good that is though.

"Ok google" in its latest form only monitors the internal mic.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"Ok google" in its latest form only monitors the internal mic.

Nope, it works perfectly from Bluetooth with my phone, and from wired headphones.

On which handset?

Nexus 5x

just need to go into Google Now settings and enable bluetooth headset.

Also set it to always listen even when the phone is locked.

But i set the headset as a trusted BT device so the phone stays unlocked whilst paired.

OkdJvi_gJ6HPqV4mqX0iMBkc-mGAYLRInsqFj6JHrEPGPao4pIpKlCLml4CZ8PoyNpr7KZAthP48aoyJAtwbIXRoBw88xKN7WTinWGfdgIibi9lKzBR8E3bOtd5CU0cn2s_UYIPZ3VsXbsSTqpVMABsqGV7HiuMniQ7Lr-ykZpnFk1SU3qsVt-xYYakMLLoRqr0g4E7Rqxw4PIuetSOIdiuB_v4osKT3NWwHFNxWlpzrb46zlPihMae0yHjlYlNC5XxmD58NwpvZ0HRT22y0ozDCniK3mox90ft-HuRY5Pa9zet-Y7lAuAWjpASyk9gAprWm6dE0mKg33KWJKFs-npdzSmlG77moyQfXu2jxtkHrPCoSMIU7kbQx95YIUCgDZ8LVyGwYQMBkug3KQSqfkpNh-10l-sDrGvgUsr__JIuusvxnIGPxQbFpVmb34WH_pyDnkI-UVeegv1YobGU1xcYgw63dmNJ3BjV2eJbuRoZfUEh7XsbkJV5W4cLhXRROuNZFAEVhYD0gljJ_W3YXPQG0dKxfFI5mitwELCyWshq-M4pUaOzCcdKdfH9MAr2jdHEQtulNLdozmhTgM0M1CCtNJdQE3GG1=w770-h1366-no

643A7CcYpwpN_RISI_sBto5Jg6xH2GzQ_K1T0ONOxZZVZD8qyJRH_8IC5fk8_P32PZTwL0lJUxEZ6Zm1J5b3slO2lasNT6ocbB3ifPtOzrybiXArsgvZ06ASR2xI3tteZ3OH4zET28500jc3XyUDUbol9yxSum6BHIcl5x5L3qhfG3wsCmcpLOTpsPKWIE3QEsijGqB04C8-sNENPC0fThB30CDFYcX3PBCBsSYnGbgFvO2TcUaL-ketdTxDhUxM_rZWYNK3T2ETCINFrnhZLUcUOI1nXNTC5Ec7vWbniSO3yapM1QK6dvkUb0TU-3-8-1ESAFmHb-O2DH_7za8cM3oH3dfZfPySW8a4-0OMRbvpFrwWWT-5nIpvCKXsFpsF-i1Mm7VCnbkwj7tEQI-iox6kyxkRLeQgKwHsJFCl6g1teL4mWhiQxdp26POAr1yhH7JLsfa1ire1oNj0rjZhG8lb9482XuOhyjdMWfyJO0S3z563eFxJ7KPaOoX29z9r6TS0EjUIJ_LdCmhUu1Vg1HB7eFX7EgFlCQal_x3TfFhomW8o-7FJ6dOKfs5Mlt3268MjVilAkV7vspVHVmXDHMSZ8t-cSz1r=w770-h1366-no

bSoZo1X3x6KKN-m7g59cJ2ZUL2s8f-0WpxSTvd12q-udPlUI2J_EheuX5dNq7UnGBkjPBsNxaOqg83yWa1LsyFSyzfQCEKyfkxFO86cU1Tf-Exmq4fkCTYjrIXsbOy48N9CR7cdRgGhUsyTUN8DLxBYTLD9UMvF9u854UiasXESiM77RyfCi8NpjhIAiec0z4HlZtM58dbOR59Oak14hLoBXogaJVM0HRPT4iI2D7pKqyGDgDSnd5PwWUsE4dwwFtPwReIvRZbjcZAReIqGsoJ6abALGT_bk8X9D9NRU7cSCnS4AUXs85ENGLD_b2DNRjJ45wJ5arjqWtueCbyqJcLStkRmilxBvD2KcMqUKwDZCxyAHALiHrdws5xY3oazuxD_lusLFbXaTnlTPZy9E__U5IhA8cfD7ZhzPWs2B1no-YxpOYtFasUD7p5IpN-QkPXJcXpgJALdDRx8rWd7ntshrMRHID9PFxBu1RtPPLND1LT-9zV2QzKmQYNk8xnc_58tZidGLbbup3tEedN_iED9fHkYTTMtvtDjNy7sb7OXlj27kl7zf5o41zZPskZHO6dizf9_QFqJwTKj2aQvVosQoeOlu5auN=w770-h1366-no

On which handset?

Nexus 5x

just need to go into Google Now settings and enable bluetooth headset.

Also set it to always listen even when the phone is locked.

But i set the headset as a trusted BT device so the phone stays unlocked whilst paired.

Ah right, well all though the option is in the settings for Samsung and HTC it only monitors the internal mic to instigate the ok google app. Once it has been started you can then use the Bluetooth mic to talk to the app. Pointless on a bike if you have a nav app going as you would have to stop the bike, go to the home screen, press the mic icon and then speak.

Looks like google got it right with their own nexus handsets. Even running Google now doesn't help.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I though "OK Google" did not work on my Lidl headset but maybe it will now going to have to try it with new settings..

Great side track...

I also found this:

http://moto-intercom.co.uk/news/blog/6-intercom-systems-for-motorcycles-with-conference" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quite a neat comparison...

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would update this as I have still not resolved...

I have been looking at com's systems between me and Misses my Lidl set is still working but if you want to talk you cannot hear the SatNav.

This is good reference if 2 years old:

http://moto-intercom.co.uk/news/blog/6-intercom-systems-for-motorcycles-with-conference" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cardo:

http://www.cardosystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/comparison-chart-2015-International.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sena:

Sadly I cannot find such a handy little table

Seems the top end Sena and Cardo systems give music & satnav overlayed with intercom...

Whilst looking the following set came to my attention (probably on here), looks a good set but misses a few features for Pillion but thought others might be interested £85...

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/cardo-scala-rider-qz-motorcycle-bluetooth-hands-free-kit-p45476.htm#description" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or top end this one is cheap if you have spare cash....

http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/accessories-c11/communication-systems-c207/cardo-scala-rider-packtalk-system-p14683" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/accessories-c11/communication-systems-c207/cardo-scala-rider-packtalk-duo-system-p14685/s42809?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=cardo-scala-rider-packtalk-duo-system-btsrptd&utm_campaign=product%2Blisting%2Bads&gclid=CjwKEAjw5vu8BRC8rIGNrqbPuSESJADG8RV0XYc_rt2vR_CoEUW-6nrDv0pqiEsdQ7belwNLxvXw9RoCzFHw_wcB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just ideas

• 6 months later...

@ onesea

Have you managed to sort it yet? I'm ambivalent... On the one hand you can go and spend wads of cash (£300 +), on the other these things go dirt cheap (£30). Add to that that you don't always get what you pay for and you don't always pay for what you get.

If anyone knows of a system with a decent range, say half a mile, which is easy to use and manages a whole day, say ten hours, on batteries then I'm in! SatNav instructions are par for the course I reckon. Oh, and should be under £100.

I'm still looking.

We went for Packtalk Duo worth it?

Yes

Communication up to the speed limit of fine, we can do a long day 8-10 hours Talking intercom by the end of the day we are getting low battery alarms (never had flat battery).

Once set up talking to others on other bikes is useful. The chat over coffee can continue long after coffee. Changes in routes/ destinations can be discussed.

If roding in a bigger pack as leader the other bike can be your eyes as to if every one is with you.

And No.

The system is not without its limitations, and can be a frustrating. If you have any problems Cardo Support is good for set up issues.

If you regularly change riding groups it can be frustrating.

The controls can be difficult for certain features.

Presently away for couple of days on bike in the snow :/

Once back home if you went I will give better review.

To save money I would not consider Smartpack it would be very easy to get to 4 riders. We have that problem coming to us one couple bought SmartPack. Once we get 5 of us out together....

I bought the packtalk duo recently after having so many issues with more than 5 sena 20s units.

So far I don't have any real faults worth mentioning but I'm quite confident these are the best on the market after research and my experience of them.

They are expensive but if you're in the market for a decent intercom and ride with a partner or a group, these are fantastic.

Right I am back and updating as promised...

Interestingly I had to do factory reset on the way home it was doing odd things....

Glitchy but good is my answer if you want to talk to others and have music PACKTALK

If you want to talk to your Pillion ONLY and not have music go cheap, unless you want coms over 60 mph...

I have no experience with Sena but as its said not to be water proof....

My review...

https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=61488&p=980721#p980721

Any questions ask...

https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=61488&p=980721#p980721