I've been using these for a while - they don't seem particularly good at stopping high speed wind noise, and at slow speeds I can't hear pretty much anything - voice, engine, other traffic.

Admittedly they are very comfortable, and quite cheap.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0007XJOLG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was talking to someone a few months ago who said he has ones which only block lower frequencies, and which cost about £70. Anyone know what these are, and tried them?

Also, any other recommendations would be appreciated.

you may bot be putting them in properly?

Although if you feel like you are deaf when they are in at a stand still then they probably are in

I have found E-A-R Soft FX Ear Plugs to be the best for me

maybe give them a go?

Part of my work includes flying birds of prey on indutrial sites (to scare off the gulls)

On several sites you need ear protection around the machinery. So i get given loads of disposable ear plugs from a few of the sites, they work and dont cost me a penny.

I use the Oxford ones where you get 2 pairs in a little plastic case. They last a while and cut out enough noise I don't get off the bike feeling deaf. They also stop me getting a headache from the wind noise and yoshimura exhaust.

:offtopic: Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember reading in one of the threads on here, that someone manufacturers an ear plug/ear phone cross so you can listen to music and cut out wind noise. Any ideas where you get them from?

do a google search there is a fair few that make them

but be warned they are not cheap! they also dont cut out as much noise as a disposable ear plug does

Will do, cheers stewie!

For disposable ones I bought this pack - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ear-Plug-Variety-Trial-Pack/dp/B00B1STC2C/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1472137484&sr=8-1&keywords=ear+plug+sample" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to see which ones I like. Just like helmets, everyone's ears are different and sometimes require different shapes, lengths and/or material from ear plugs.

I ended up preferring the Moldex spark plugs. - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Moldex-Spark-Plugs-Bagged-Pairs/dp/B003QYXO0K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1472137460&sr=8-3&keywords=spark+plug+ear+plugs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; They don't completely deafen you at a stand still, but do seem to block out low level noise like wind.

The Pura-fit Moldex ones are very good, block out loads of noise but I found them blocking out too much noise for me to be comfortable riding in. Struggled to hear my own engine with them in!

:offtopic: Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember reading in one of the threads on here, that someone manufacturers an ear plug/ear phone cross so you can listen to music and cut out wind noise. Any ideas where you get them from?

I got some from Sensorcom ltd. They are moulded to your ear. They are not cheap :!: but I preferred them to the foam type. However the speaker wire is very thin and after 14 months they are breaking up.

Stardom 1 and Autocom do earphones suitable for motorbikes as they mould to the ear but have a small hole so you can still hear the outside world is emergency sirens etc. Cost cica £30 to 40.

HTH.

Nice suggestions, thanks lads.

Just found the pinlock earplugs which also claim to block wind noise but still allow conversation and other noise to come through.

Sorry to the OP for hijacking. :thumb:

I should probably have said. I have a standard scala Q3 headset in my helmet. The moldex spark plugs allow me to listen to music through it without having to turn the volume up stupidly loud to drown out the wind noise. :-)

I must be the odd one out here, have never used ear plug in my life,( Except in the Army cos you had to) never even going through a Locomotive engine room, probably why I got selective hearing now :roll:

Pardon?

I must be the odd one out here, have never used ear plug in my life,( Except in the Army cos you had to) never even going through a Locomotive engine room, probably why I got selective hearing now :roll:

I find myself forgetting to pop them in but then wonder why I bother to use them in the first place. Considering all of the bass bins I've put my head into over the years, I have sod all hearing left to protect anyway.

• 10 months later...

***THREAD RESURRECTION***

Any new products that people know about??? I have a shoei multitec helmet with the cardo SH0-1 comms set " designed for shoei "

if I wear plugs I lose about 80-85% of my hearing ( which is good some might say ) but need to have my comms volume so loud its a distorted mess

if I don't wear plugs I can barley hear my comms due to wind @ motorway speeds.

my helmet is totally sealed along the chin aswell, I have tried the yellow foam ones, the hard orange ones the sold core & the pin lock ones......