Tail bag recommendations

Hello all,

I'm after a tail bag (i think). I have been using a RST rucksack since last May. Does the job but can me annoying especially during the summer(anyone remember summer?) and restricts airflow and make back very hot. I'm thinking of tail bag for my daily work commute. Something that safely fixes to rear of bike but also easy to take off and reattach after work. Don't want to be faffing about for 5 mins with the on/off.

Found these so far:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/206953

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/209429

20 litre size should be plenty for what I need

Anyone seen these in the flesh? or better still have one??

I've heard good stuff about kreiga in general... in fact someone I know recommended to me the one you linked

http://i.imgur.com/l4doRsX.jpg

I like the idea of them so will be keeping an eye on this thread!

i can recommend the Kriega , used mine loads on trips away , plus you can add 5 or 10's to the 20 if you want :cheers:

:stupid:

My Kreiga US20 is a few years old now.......but still 100% waterproof.....and, as Six30 says, you can attach other ones to it to expand capacity when needed......or attach a dry sack to it..... 8-) IMG_20160603_084714.thumb.jpg.f22299671cf89487c5743f419d2a9967.jpg

Kreiga stuff is good, but expensive. I wanted something more practical for day to day use. For £30 (NEC discounted) I got the Oxford First Time tail pack. Solid bit of kit. Zips off of the base and has rucksack straps underneath. Expands to about 3 times it's normal size. Well made.

On my FZ6 I use a little rucksack its enough for some small items spare gloves and jumper. I hook the sholder straps round the Pillion bars and use chest clip to secure and waist belt similar. I can send picks next time I put it on.

I think I paid £12

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-superlite-10-backpack-791170

I am sure with a bit of homework you can find bigger that will do the job, cheaper than dedicated tail pack and VERY easy to put on the bike. I also have a pair of these that work well if your not carrying Pillion. I don't strap them under the seat again very easy to put on. I have modified mine so I can get them on and off in a minute... Think I paid £60

https://www.motocard.com/en/bags/givi-wp405.aspx?ctry=uk&currency=&utm_campaign=comparadores&utm_source=google&utm_medium=comparadores_en&utm_term=bags_givi_m-0254291&size=UNICA&gclid=CjwKEAiA8dDEBRDf19yI97eO0UsSJAAY_yCS6CBCPIo4jDxLr9ujD53QsLv0aTPJ_1qZHrVumAsQJhoCXZrw_wcB

I see your local if you want to catch up some time let me know....

• 2 weeks later...

So I went in to a local shop today. As I expected they didn't stock the Kreiga range but he did show me some magnetic tank bags. I liked the idea, looks like a very quick on/off. they had Givi and Oxfords models. Givi looked better but twice the price. Decisions decisions.

So I went in to a local shop today. As I expected they didn't stock the Kreiga range but he did show me some magnetic tank bags. I liked the idea, looks like a very quick on/off. they had Givi and Oxfords models. Givi looked better but twice the price. Decisions decisions.

Check out Aldi or Lidl. The often have bike specials, but you have t wait for them. Bought my magnetic tank bag from there many years ago. Was well worth the money.

Check out Aldi or Lidl. The often have bike specials, but you have t wait for them. Bought my magnetic tank bag from there many years ago. Was well worth the money.

I bought one of those for about a tenner. Still use it regularly. Not as well made as some others I have but does the job and is the one I use every day. Survived a spill well when it went bouncing down the road.