New boots a pain

So after nearly four years I thought that I would treat myself to a new pair of motorcycle boots. The left boot fits like a glove but the right hurts my lickle toe!

After an hour or so of riding my little toe become sore enough to become evident by a slight limp. My old boots never did this so the question is, do I man up and wait till they break in or is there something I can do to speed up the process?

Chop the offending toe off. :shock:

You used to be able to get shoe stretchers, dont know if you still can of even get then into the foot area of the boot.

Are they leather boots? If so, you could try boot stretchers, or the old "stuff it full of newspaper and leave somewhere warmish for a while.

If they are not mostly leather, then you probably need a size up... Unless thicker socks are not an option?

Does your toe hurt from friction (between boot/sock and toe) or pressure (not enough space i.e. boot a bit too small)?.

If it is friction, you might try a tube of some sort of 'stretch fabric', lined inside with gel.

It may also help in case of pressure, but of course it leaves even less space inside the boot.

You just cut off a piece and slide it over the toe, thus forming a kind of buffer between toe and whatever is irritating it.

Hoping that after a while your boot has adjusted to your foot enough not to be a 'pain' anymore.

A mild form of arthroses has deformed one of my toes a bit, so it won't stretch out.

In some shoes (and indeed my motorcycle boot) I use such a tube to prevent the toe from rubbing the upper inside of the shoe.

They are for sale in drugstores or maybe even in supermarkets.

So if tricks for making the boot a bit more specious don't work, this may help (temporarily).

Geltube.jpg.2b3de241e28d1214c5bba2309890b57a.jpg

Which make of boots are they?......my old Sidis were always tight.....even after 5 years......and I even went up a size because I'd heard that they're normally pretty snug........my TCX's on the other hand are super comfy......and they're my normal size...... 8-)

Does your toe hurt from friction (between boot/sock and toe) or pressure (not enough space i.e. boot a bit too small)?.

If it is friction, you might try a tube of some sort of 'stretch fabric', lined inside with gel.

It may also help in case of pressure, but of course it leaves even less space inside the boot.

You just cut off a piece and slide it over the toe, thus forming a kind of buffer between toe and whatever is irritating it.

Hoping that after a while your boot has adjusted to your foot enough not to be a 'pain' anymore.

A mild form of arthroses has deformed one of my toes a bit, so it won't stretch out.

In some shoes (and indeed my motorcycle boot) I use such a tube to prevent the toe from rubbing the upper inside of the shoe.

So if tricks for making the boot a bit more specious don't work, this may help (temporarily).

Geltube.jpg

oooooh thats what thats for, ive been using it completely wrong, never had a friction sore on my todger though!

oooooh thats what thats for, ive been using it completely wrong, never had a friction sore on my todger though!

But... but... these are made especially for toes and fingers.

So how in the world did you manage to... ??? :shock:

Oh well... if it fits, why not ?

:mrgreen:

Are they leather boots? If so, you could try boot stretchers, or the old "stuff it full of newspaper and leave somewhere warmish for a while.

If they are not mostly leather, then you probably need a size up... Unless thicker socks are not an option?

They are leather ... I might thicker socks to cushion a bit.

Geltube.jpg

Definitely wortha try ... thanks